Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

....too bad they don't provide you with a jet to go from one place to another ;-)))
Old October 23, 2008, 10:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

and overall i really like the game, it was just way overhyped so it doesnt seem as good as it actually is.
Its like GTA of war games
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 23, 2008, 11:12 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I don't just drive up to the guard post and start blasting away with the mounted weapon. I watch my map and pull over before the post and sneak around and recon. Then cause all kinds of anarchy.
Old October 23, 2008, 11:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This game is heavily scripted and the dialog system is poorly implamented - If you go in a room where you have to meet people, notice how the dialog repeats over and over and over if you look away and look back the character - In any other game, new dialog would start or the character would stop talking - in this game it's as if they didn't set the "I already talked to you" flag - ALSO when a character is talking if you talk to another you will hear both dialogs simultaneously - wow, talk about poor programming - There are so many obvious glitches like that that I really wonder how the hell they made it through beta testing - makes for very unrealistic gameplay let alone the bad voice acting - it is rushed, totale fake and unnatural you feel like turning off sound... :)
Old October 24, 2008, 09:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

sounds pretty negative, starting to wonder if I should just save my money.
Old October 24, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ I have two words for you... Dead Space!

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 24, 2008, 09:55 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I'm loving this game. You don't ever die. When your health drops you hit the ground and your buddie comes in guns blazing and packs you off. nice touch.
Old October 24, 2008, 10:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

Dead Space?, not really into the horror thing, hated BioShock.

Well futureshop says they have it, time to take lunch and go see.
I've been waiting for this game for a while, so I am basing my purchase entirely on Squeetard’s comments.
At least I’ll have someone to blame!
Old October 24, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ya then Dead Space is not for you. But really I think as said earlier, people are hyper critical of games when they are first released. I got DS because I loved Bioshock, Quake, Doom etc... and it totally reminds me of all those games. FC2 is being compared to FC1 (of course), Crysis, Stalker and GTA. For that reason I didn't go with it right away. I never got into GTA or Stalker but LOVED FC1 and Crysis. I bet this is a very good game with a few shortcomings (what game doesn't have them), some of which may be addressed in a patch. So go get FC2, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Well so far, my findings lead me to find that the game feels much like Assassin's Creed.

While definitely a more open environment than AC, I find that much of the terrain does not have a unique feel. There are 4 different kinds of houses, and all the towns are the exact same with slight variations on where things are situated.
There are about a half dozen different types of missions, but overall you find yourself doing the same thing you did an hour ago. Only reason it takes longer is because you had to drive from one side of the map to the other. When traveling you find yourself constantly stopped and harassed by road blocks which are more of any annoyance than anything.

When I was reading about the game, and it was talking about how your character would have to make choices, and how every choice would have a consequence to build reputation or destroy it - So far I have yet to experience this. For some missions there is often two paths to take, but the choice is very obvious - there doesn't hasn't been a "conflict of interests" so to speak. There also hasn't been to many unique challenges so far, but that may be due to the missions I have been choosing?

Now mind you, I am roughly %15 through complete, unfortunately most games I never make it past the 25% mark out of sheer boredeem - so hopefully things pick up in the next 5-10%. Crysis (Warhead), COD4 and the Original Red Alert are the only games I have ever completed to date. Oh and Sim Copter :P

Overall, while Crysis was much more scripted and more linear - I like the variety the game gave. You had a single focus, with side mission and each one advanced the plot.

That said FC2 is the SECOND best game of the year. I very rarely buy games, but even with the flaws it would be something I can see many people enjoying - and here's hoping it picks up soon as it has potential to earn a definite "worth buying" verdict