Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
Rookie

Question Is Fallout 3 is a FPS or a RPG ?

Hi there guys its been a while and i would like to know something.

Do you think that Fallout 3 is more a shooter then rpg because when i looked at the videos this game look like very much to this game Stalker.

I hope this is true because i loves the Stalkers games.

Just my two cents.

mazabe
Old October 13, 2008, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's like Oblivion, it's definitely more RPG but it's first person viewing. I'm stoked for the game even though Bethesda has never actually put out a single good game. I'm a huge Fallout fan and this is a different direction than the originals but it's for the good; I dont think the original style would work anymore.

I don't think there's an opinion to be had as much about whether it's FPS or RPG, because the only thing it REALLY has along the FPS lines is it's a first person view; it's an entire rpg game just like Oblivion etc
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 13, 2008, 01:48 PM
Rookie

So in other word this game its closer to Stalker Shadow of Chernobyle (who has close relation whit Oblivion) then a game like Final Fantasy.
Old October 13, 2008, 01:53 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

yes. That's my take on it. This genre is called action RPG. Like Mass effect. Hellgate London etc..
Old October 13, 2008, 02:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

But, it can be played turn based as well for a more bloody, and possibly enjoyable time :D

Old October 13, 2008, 02:04 PM
Rookie

Thanks Squeetard i was worried for moment that this game was too rpg.
Its not that dont like RPG but i prefer the action type rpg (thanks god i had the chance to discoverd Stalker!)
Old October 13, 2008, 05:00 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Action RPG is also my current favorite genre. Loved Witcher, Mass Effect was good too. Both were better than Stalker IMO.

I am currently playing through Hellgate London and enjoying it too.
Old October 13, 2008, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have never traditionally liked the RPG genre much, but these action RPG games coming out nowadays all look very good. Witcher, Mass Effect and Fallout 3 are all seriously tempting me to give it a try. Lots of good story and most importantly, lots of good action! Honestly I didn't like Stalker: SOC much. Sounds like Squeetard has similar taste as me so that gives me confidence that I may actually like some games in this genre. Fallout 3 will likely be be my first real try at it I think.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 13, 2008, 05:34 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I've mostly played FPS all my life. Baldaurs Gate and Diablo never interested me. Company of Heroes is the only RTS I enjoyed. But these action RPG's are like FPS shooters with a better story and tons of cool weapons.
Old October 13, 2008, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fallout is more than a FPS or RPG. It's a cult!

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!