Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 13, 2008, 05:45 AM
Top Prospect

Default C&C: Red Alert 3!

I've been looking at all the stuff about this game, and I've gotta say, it looks pretty sweet. I've been a big fan of C&C for as long as I can remember, and this installment looks like it will take it to another level. For one thing, you will be able to build your base on the water.

Is anyone else excited about this game, or am I on my own here?
Case: NZXT Tempest PSU: Corsair TX750 Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro CPU: Intel Q9550 Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro RAM: 4 GB OCZ DDR2-800 Video: Visiontek HD 4870 (790/1100) HDD: 2x WD 500 GB in RAID 0 Optical: LG Blu-Ray/DVD Burner combo
Old October 13, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had this game pre-ordered for awhile. I played the beta and was impressed. My first impression was how cheesy this is going to be because Red Alert was set more in the cold war time period but RA3 is now in the future. After plaing the beta for many hours and got used to the new gameplay style the game is really really fun and good to play. One thing I like in this game is if your ally leaves or drops out of them game you get full control of his stuff. So you it will not be one sided if it is 2vs2 if one player leaves as I one a game where my ally left. One important part of this game is to tech up as fast as possible because if you are sending tech 2 units and he has tech 3 you are at a big dissavantage. Anyways I can hardly wait for this and the cheesy story/acting in single player and going to LOVE multi-player!

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah, Red Alert has always been incredibly cheesy, been this edition looks to take it to another level. I mean psychic school girls . . . The addition of the third faction will add a whole new level, as well. I think the added emphasis on naval gameplay will also be pretty cool, especially considering how unimportant it has been in the recent games, not even being included in Generals.

I also love the fact that every unit will have multiple attacks, with some of them even changing modes . . the Sea Wing/Sky Wing looks insane.
Case: NZXT Tempest PSU: Corsair TX750 Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro CPU: Intel Q9550 Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro RAM: 4 GB OCZ DDR2-800 Video: Visiontek HD 4870 (790/1100) HDD: 2x WD 500 GB in RAID 0 Optical: LG Blu-Ray/DVD Burner combo
Old October 13, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, so many games right now!

I want to buy : Farcry2, Fallout 3, Deadpsace, RA 3

It's still 200$ to throw on PC game.. I will have to make choice, because I will buy a new GPU soon too.

Maybe I could wait 1-2 month, so I can take advantage of price drop hehe

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 13, 2008, 11:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

Hehe, that's all? I think I need to take out a small loan to afford everything that's coming out from now to Christmas.

But saying that, I dunno if I'm picking it up, I have every C&C to date, and I really want to continue with that "tradition", but with EA's whole DRM situation right now, I'm still trying to figure out if I should grab it or not D:

Oh, and for the beta, I hated it. Or at least when the beta first started, because when she first started, it was nearly impossible to find people, and it was nearly impossible to finish a game without people losing connection or the game crashing. Bunch of my friends had all the same problems, so we kinda stopped playing the beta because the mess it was in. Hopefully they fixed it up afterwords!

Old October 13, 2008, 06:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Hehe, that's all? I think I need to take out a small loan to afford everything that's coming out from now to Christmas.

But saying that, I dunno if I'm picking it up, I have every C&C to date, and I really want to continue with that "tradition", but with EA's whole DRM situation right now, I'm still trying to figure out if I should grab it or not D:

Oh, and for the beta, I hated it. Or at least when the beta first started, because when she first started, it was nearly impossible to find people, and it was nearly impossible to finish a game without people losing connection or the game crashing. Bunch of my friends had all the same problems, so we kinda stopped playing the beta because the mess it was in. Hopefully they fixed it up afterwords!
for the most part it is fixed. There have been some patches I believe although haven't played recently because of other new games.

Currently I have other 300 bucks in games to buy :(.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old October 13, 2008, 10:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Dead Space, all without EA's DRM or C&C Red Alert with EA's DRM.

I have pledged never ever to buy anouther EA branded game as long as they insist on using their ridiculous DRM, which is a shame, since Red Alert doesnt look half bad
Old October 13, 2008, 11:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

Dead Space also has DRM no? You know, considering it's published by EA.

Old October 14, 2008, 02:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

woops, another one I cant buy if EA has put its DRM on it, however, if they just publish like they did for HL2 Ep2 and Portal, I might be ok with that.
Old October 14, 2008, 10:00 AM
Top Prospect

May be a stupid question, but what is DRM?