Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2008, 07:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am now able to beat medium, now I need to up the stakes and go 2-1 then 1-1 hard, then work my way up to 5-1 hard.:)
Old November 1, 2008, 10:55 AM
Top Prospect

I beat the Soviet campaign on medium. The acting is so cheesy, I found myself laughing out loud more than once. I would expect nothing less from a Red Alert game, however. The Empire of the Rising Sun is certainly very unique, but it can take some getting used to. I'm going to start running some scrimmages here pretty soon, try to get myself ready for some online play.
Case: NZXT Tempest PSU: Corsair TX750 Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro CPU: Intel Q9550 Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro RAM: 4 GB OCZ DDR2-800 Video: Visiontek HD 4870 (790/1100) HDD: 2x WD 500 GB in RAID 0 Optical: LG Blu-Ray/DVD Burner combo
Old November 1, 2008, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Im not talking about the campaign..the skirmish mode..I can resist their attacks..I'm playing the soviet union against the empire of the rising sun..A big bullshit globe appears on my base and literally blasts everything..and I can't stop it..each time is like this.. :( easy is too..well easy..
Old November 2, 2008, 11:36 AM
Top Prospect

Oh, I wasn't responding to you specifically, omgwtf, just making general observations. I will have to try that out though, and see what happens. Is it one particular map where this is happening, or just in general?
Case: NZXT Tempest PSU: Corsair TX750 Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro CPU: Intel Q9550 Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro RAM: 4 GB OCZ DDR2-800 Video: Visiontek HD 4870 (790/1100) HDD: 2x WD 500 GB in RAID 0 Optical: LG Blu-Ray/DVD Burner combo
Old November 2, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

In general :(...god damn empire of the rising sun

@ChuckleBrother...you can beat 1 on medium..like, how? .:P I guess if it wouldn't been for that gay bubble exploding over my entire base..I could too

Last edited by omgwtf; November 2, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old November 3, 2008, 06:28 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah . . it's that stupid Psionic Detonator . . superweapons can be awfully tough to deal with. All I can suggest is build yours first, spread your base out so less of it gets hit, and build expansion bases if you can.
Old November 3, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

From where can you build your Psionic Detonator? ..o.O sounds noobish but I can't find it ..or is that only for the empire of the rising sun?
Old November 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
Top Prospect

That's Empire of the Rising Sun only. The Soviets have the Vacuum Imploder. It's on the tab with the shield icon.
Old November 5, 2008, 05:35 PM
MVP

I'm probably the only one that feels that RA3 is too cartoony and silly. A vehicle that can shoot people out like a cannon, c'mon! I mess Westwood. They made the C&C series great, even the install menu's were a nice touch.
Old November 5, 2008, 06:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I agree no pulse. RA3 is a joke. The vehicles are preposterous and the whole concept of time travel to rub out Einstein has been beat to death. I used to love playing RTS's but the last few years they all have become an exercise in mass production with no emphasis on tech and production of quality units or legitimate strategy. I'd kill for another high brow adult strat like World in Conflict but it would seem that Electronic arts was oblivious to Massive Entertainments RTT success and they are content to revisit the RA cow and milk it for all she's worth.