Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2008, 03:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

One of the best most comprehensive articles I've seen in a while. This is very good work. I play both Crysis and Warhead and your observations are bang on

HWC continues to impress, keep up the good work.
Old October 11, 2008, 04:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Warhead is doing alright on my setup...
I'm only mix of gamer / mainstream with my rig.
Must say great review!
Old October 11, 2008, 05:02 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I remember in an interview that Crytek said that if you have the power under XP to run very high then why wouldn't they let us. In other words Crytek probably got paid for Crysis to lock very high settings.

Oh and S G HD is technically 1080P. 720P is ED or enhanced definition.
480i is standard definition. 480p is enhanced definition. 720p is high definition. 1080p is full HD.
1x 8800 Ultra --> Sony GDM-FW900 + LVM-37w3se // HT Omega Striker ~ (optical) Pioneer SE-DIR800C ~+ SE-DHP800 / HD 280 Pro
Old October 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

Great review FixT, I personally looked for lacks in the review, couldn't find any.. :P .. just j/k..

No that mouse over option is definitely a plus.. Overall, that seems like a nice game to try, but the GTX260 edged a 4870.. damn.
Great sir. :)
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 12, 2008, 10:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
The apprehension over Vista has been the major cause of the slow adoption along with game developers lagging behind on the uptake. The original Crysis was heralded for its DirectX10 support, and the gamers who used it were treated to improved visuals and immersion. However, Crysis Warhead has arguably taken a step back in terms of quality, offering almost no visual improvements when using the supposedly advanced technology. Is this apparent lack of change a limitation of the game's engine, negligence on behalf of the developers, or does DirectX10 just not offer the quality boost that we once thought?

I'd say from every article I have ever read about DX10, that it was the fact it showed no improvements visually....got that?....none nada, zero...was the reason, people didn't adopt it. Oh yeah....and then there's the substantial performance hit by switching over to Vista and DX10.
Warheads "taken a step back"???????????? How could that possibly be? From What?
Ummm....hate to break it to you, but there never was a quality boost under DX10, so how is it possible to question whether it's negligence or a limitation of the games engine?
You must have missed all those reviews that were specifically searching for improvements w/ DX10 and couldn't find them.
I agree totally, althoguh the "mouse overs" do show some difference, when I have to put on my extra-strength reading glasses and "study" the mouse-over scenes very carefully to see the difference..?...whats the point..negligable.

Quote:
Anyways I am playing crysis warhead with playable frame rate at 1920 x 1200 Enthusiast with 8 x AA.
Really..curious..what do you consider "playable Framerates"?...

Old October 12, 2008, 11:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sorry Belgolas for questioning your "playable framerates" @ those settings as with my 24" Monitor and GPU I found Enthusiaist with no AA yielded only about 35 PS and I would never play a game through at that low of Frames.......I also remembered your previous Post re: Crysis Warhead

Quote:
Well I lowered my clocks and now I don't get the VPU crash but Crysis still gets a lot of crash to desktops! Ah I can't play having a CTD every half hour!
You get this sorted out?