Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2008, 03:25 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Deus Ex 3!!

This is very exciting news, I was a huge fan of 1 and 2, and now their is going to be a 3!

Link: News: Deus Ex 3: First details - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
Old October 5, 2008, 05:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

Well, number three has been known for a while now, I believe we had a thread quite some time, but it got barried amongst the CoD4 threads! But saying that, it's quite nice to see them finally release some new information instead of a single trailer.

And punching threw walls? I love the idea, but I've yet to see an engine that would allow me to really feel like I can destroy everything. Ok, sratch that, Red Faction did a brilliant job, but other then that. If they allow me to walk up to the door, find it's locked, and instead of lockpicking it or finding a key, I can punch the wall beside it, it's seriously going to be win.

Oh, in my opinion this is still number 2, as Invisible War never actually happened. It was just a really bad nightmare.

Old October 5, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

agreed, Invisible war DID NOT HAPPEN. Original was awesome and with any luck this will live up to it.

Reading link now
Old October 6, 2008, 01:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

We had a pretty good debate over at Gamespot about DX3 and much can be gleamed from the trailer they released about a year ago. There is about 1/2 second in the clip that shows flashes of (possibly) JC's earliest childhood visions of his mother and father worried and shes pregnant with (possibly Paul Denton) all the while riots erupt in the streets and politicians rail against "Augmented humans". I'm not a fan of prequals but I must say they certainly have set the stage with so many interesting plotlines that should answer some nagging question about how the Denton boys got their start.

I agree DX1 was far superior to it's sequel and I never did play the PSX or whatever console version they tried to milk but I heard it sucked.

BTW does my Avatar look familiar? It should it's the Speed Augment from DX2 (and about the only cool thing I got out of it.)

I can't wait!
Old October 6, 2008, 01:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

well, they messed up the story so badly with Invisible War that they really couldnt continue it along that path so they prequel makes sense, though generally prequels, at least the ones i've played, have been mediocre, hoping this one is great though.

The trailer was odd, I must of completely missed those flashes since all I saw was a baby floating in something.
Old October 6, 2008, 10:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah many people missed it but one user at Gamespot noticed a flash and what he thought looked like a ballot box. So he used his time and video editing skills to go through the clip frame by frame and found many images in sequence that show some of the back story. Tricky and kind of cool we all thought, plus theres another flash about 2/3 in that shows a very dim transparent view looking through someones eyes that shows the interface somewhat like DX1 but upgraded with inventory panels, weapons, and augment hotkeys. Upon searching for more info that the clip hid within the flashing I found this youtube video that shows in detail what all the images mean.

YouTube - Deus Ex 3 Trailer - Flashing Image Analysis

Interesting stuff and once again the Bible story rears it's head again, seems to be an tried and true plot line used in many great stories where the protagonists supernatural origins born in turbulent times, battles persecution to leads mankind to salvation. We saw that parallel in DX1 and seems Eidos is going back to the feed trough once again.
Old October 6, 2008, 10:25 AM
Allstar

DX rocks man. I wish they would have made a stupid fan game like JC Denten VS Gordon Freeman... LoL that would be da bomb man!
Old October 6, 2008, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i so can't wait. And when will there be a deus ex movie :)

Old October 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
i so can't wait. And when will there be a deus ex movie :)
Don't jinx it, 7/8th of all game movies are in the end, horrendous. I do not want my Deus Ex crippled on the big screen D:

Old October 7, 2008, 10:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

they are making a deus ex movie? it has the potential to be great as long as the hollywood idiots keep their hands off of it too much and avoid Invisible war.