Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2008, 04:24 PM
MVP

I know least one other person who doesn't have this game so far so i don't feel so in the dark........ a little lonely but not so in the dark.
Old October 28, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlarry View Post
That is pretty good news Squeetard. I finally found a place in Calgary that has the Acer Aspire 8930-6555 in stock for about $80 less than everyone else. So I think that is what I'm going to go with. I suppose that I'll need two copies of the game to play on home rig and on the road at the same time.

Acer Aspire 8930-6555 w/ Core 2 Duo P8400, 4GB, 320GB, Blu-ray, 18.4in WUXGA+ GeForce 9600M GT, Vista Home Premium 64-bit at Memory Express Computers

Nice find! Great specs for that price! the P8400 is a nice mobile cpu!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 28, 2008, 04:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Installing now.

I've always wanted to make a walkthrough and I think F3 is just the game seeing as I got this game at the onset so I'm going to give it a try. Anyone else interested in helping out? I might even do a screenshot intensive one as I love finding those gems on the net and they are ussually so late in coming after a game hits the shelves. I used to always go to gamebanshee.com for the best darned rpg walkthroughs on the net so maybe I'll try to follow their guildlines. Any comments/suggestions would be great!

*Edit Bleh there goes my lofty plans. Gamebanshee.com has had the game for weeks and has a truly impressive db started already and their full walkthrough will be released next week. Damn those guys always get the games so far in advance!

Last edited by Alwaysrun; October 28, 2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old October 28, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anybody having any problems with the game? There seems to be a few on the old Bethesda forums.

Bethesda Game Studios Forums -> PC Issues

I won't be able to install until Thursday...sigh.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old October 28, 2008, 07:34 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Installing now... i'll let you know.
Old October 29, 2008, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default BOS Statue

How would you like a 7 foot tall, 121 pound BOS statue in your living room?

Samsclub.com Auctions - Brotherhood of Steel 7' Statue

Apparently, Sam's Club does have everything. Could update a person's medieval armor collection, lol.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!

Last edited by misterlarry; October 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Old October 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hehe- I notice there are no follow up posts from any of the previous posters who installed it so that must be a good sign- maybe they haven't come up for air yet.

I just bought mine and will be installing it when I get home in an hour and a half- so I might disappear for a while too
Old October 29, 2008, 12:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know if it's just me but I feel like I'm playing a game meant for a ten year old. 2 hours in and dialogue seems pedantic and rather childish but perhaps that's to ease a person into the game slowly and to lessen the learning curve. Graphics seem very dated and I'm finding myself sneering at the pseudo moonwalk that the characters use when walking or running, also the lip-sync to voice dialogue is terrible. I was really hoping this game would be more gritty and edgy as the post Apocalypse theme might suggest but it's so far turning out to be Hello Kitty happy Island adventure. I'll keep trudging along but frankly I'm not picking up what Bethesda is putting down. *yawn
Old October 29, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
I don't know if it's just me but I feel like I'm playing a game meant for a ten year old. 2 hours in and dialogue seems pedantic and rather childish but perhaps that's to ease a person into the game slowly and to lessen the learning curve. Graphics seem very dated and I'm finding myself sneering at the pseudo moonwalk that the characters use when walking or running, also the lip-sync to voice dialogue is terrible. I was really hoping this game would be more gritty and edgy as the post Apocalypse theme might suggest but it's so far turning out to be Hello Kitty happy Island adventure. I'll keep trudging along but frankly I'm not picking up what Bethesda is putting down. *yawn
Reviews have mentioned that some of the voice acting is so-so, but they conceded that with the shear volume of it in the game. So it's a bit of give and take there. However, IGN has me believing this game is full of twisted debauchery and opportunity to be very evil.

From IGN review, link below.

Quote:
If you haven't figured it out yet, this is not a game for kids or anybody with a developing moral compass. Foul language is pervasive and that is often the smallest sin on screen. Fallout 3 shies away from sexual content and giving you the option to kill little kids, but that's about it. The world is filled with twisted people who do nasty things and you yourself are often presented with the option to perform terrible, terrible acts. Several times while playing as an evil character I found the situations so extreme and wholly wicked that I had trouble taking the low road.
IGN: Fallout 3 Review

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
Allstar

It could have been even more evil if they included hookers and killing of kids like the previous fallout games. If you've played the other fallouts, you can whore yourself out to make money and kill kids that picked your pockets.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.