Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Played for about half hour last night, way nicer graphics than the original, yes it is possible. Love the new armored Humvee:)

Set up my NIA for suit changes, way wicked, unfortunately after about half a hour my system hard locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 25, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I experienced some technical glitches in the game as well..such as lockups and complete crashes...Graphics are good, but a bit of issue arises sometimes when FPS drops down to single digits, and after restarting the game with the same settings, it runs ultra smooth

Good game though. I love the dual smg.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 25, 2008, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I'd put money on at least one memory leak in the game right now.

That dual-smg is a rip. When a full two second burst leaves a guy alive to shoot back at you, something's wrong. I'll stick with single, silenced pistol shots to the head, thanks.
Old September 25, 2008, 08:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You have to be in strength mode. However that drains energy in no time, so it's only when I'm bored.

Is it me or are the korean nanosuits harder to kill this time around...much harder to kill without the nano disrupter.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 26, 2008, 07:57 AM
MVP

Hmmmm I have never played the original game so I am wondering if I should even think about this one. To many damn games coming out. We're only a month away from Fallout 3 and Dead Space, and I am still trying to figure out how to get SH homecoming for my PC...
Old September 26, 2008, 09:23 AM
MVP

WOOHOOO!!! I finally got past the silly beach, I'm getting used to the controls - never played the original game - and I'm loving the graphics. I get the same warm fuzzies that I did when FarCry came out. :) anyway, I did have two lockups, both after about an hour of gaming. I thought that maybe my rig was getting a little too warm, but I see lock ups are not uncommon with this game?
zilla
Old September 26, 2008, 12:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Is it me or are the korean nanosuits harder to kill this time around...much harder to kill without the nano disrupter.
Try using the Gauss Rifle on them.
Old September 26, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Finally finished this the other night. I absolutely loved it!! It is everything that was good about Crysis and more. I wish it was longer. Guess I'll have to play it again :)

I experienced zero problems except for the streaming textures glitch, which in all reality did not really bug me, I just happened to notice it that's all. I played using the same System.cfg file I used in Crysis and it worked fine (Cheap Very High DX9 hack).

The aliens were not nearly as annoying as they were in Crysis. The action was very well paced. I liked that they broke it up a little with the train mission, that was kinda fun. I found most of the levels gave you quite a bit of room to approach obstacles/missions in different ways.

The graphics are top notch, pretty much Crysis natural mod quality with higher res textures. I found some of the cut scenes were a little ... uninspiring (for lack of better word). Psycho and other characters would move around and not say much leaving you wondering WTF get on with it already?

I used the Gauss Rifle a lot in the later levels. By far the best weapon in the game imo. But really I used them all a lot. I found myself not planting mines and explosives though. Just seemed easier to gun everyone down or throw nades *shrugs*. Maybe I'll explore that mechanic more next time. Vehicles had way better handling too making driving around actually fun, not an exercise in frustration.

If you have not bought this game yet do it. It is only $30 and worth every penny. No I didn't try Crysis Wars as MP doesn't really interest me. But it is a nice bonus for your $30 if you're into it.

I love Crytek, this game got me into the mood for Far Cry yet again! Yup already loaded up and well into it lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 26, 2008, 02:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I played a few hours of crysis wars and got to say I love it. Although there is a performance hit so I have to go down to gamer settings. Still looks good though. Single player enthusiast all the way. I haven't beat it because of crashes so I took some time off and waiting for first patch. But definitely worth your 30 bucks.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 28, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Just an interesting heads-up. I was finding that HDD access on this game was unusually slow, especially when waiting for save and load screens to generate lists. As a last resort, I did a defrag on the drive and the drives were apparently almost 5% fragmented. Once that was fixed, load/save times improved quite noticeably for me.

Now, I regularly defrag my system, and did so only about two weeks ago. Considering that no other programs have been installed since then, it's enough to make me wonder whether this game, or the install process through Steam, plays hell with the file table.