Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just picked it up today from EB 29.99, better than the 59.99 I paid for Crysis. I will let you guys know how well it plays out on my system (XP32 bit dx9) but I would expect as well as the original.

EE

Update 1: Well performance is as expected from the original it isn't better or worse its Crysis as we all know and pretty much rapes my system with pleasure.

In game experience was pretty good and well being crysis it looks great, however after 10min in Crysis fashion and flavour the game crashed to the desktop for no apparent reason without any error message.

The following settings were used and framrates were obtain usings fraps in game FPS monitor:

Resolution: 1680x1050
Effects: Gamer
Antiailasing: None
V-sync: Enabled

Min: 10
Avg: 25
High: 60

I will update later hopefully not after a crash like this time.

EE

Last edited by Eagle Eye; September 22, 2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old September 23, 2008, 10:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I found that my mouse arrow was always 'off' a bit in the game menus for some reason.

If I disabled and re-enabled fullscreen mode right away after initially launching Warhead it not only fixed the menu problem, but also the CTD issue seemed to have went away. I hope this helps others!

Oh, and as for graphic corruption........ my system only acted funky if the game resolution was different from my desktop resolution.

The best way to increase performance I found was to find what general setting gave me close to 30fps, then dumb down "Volumetric Effects" and "Particles". Well physics for me too 'cause my cpu is architecturally challenged.

Last edited by Killswitch; September 23, 2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old September 23, 2008, 11:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Running fine here, I ever only had 1 Crash to Desktop in original Crysis on my 8800GTX, but so far this game has been solid and smooth play. Only glitch I noticed was trying to apply AA, whether it be x2 to x16, their is "flickering" in various scenes, as in hillsides, road surfaces etc, as soon as I turn off AA, they dissapear completely. This was actually mentioned within the nVidia Driver "notes" for version 179.41.
Other than that, seems alright, for $29.99 cannot complain!
GTX 260 FTW OC'd 714/1500/2400
1680 x 1050
Vertical Synch "off"
Gamer settings Average 50 FPS (its what I play on)
Enthusiast settings 34 FPS (a little slow)
No crashes yet!!! (keep my fingers crossed

Old September 23, 2008, 11:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Forgot to mention, 59 celcius under load, this Card is insane compared to my old 8800GTX, unreal!

Old September 23, 2008, 11:54 PM
MVP
F@H

Not sure if this was mentioned at all but Crysis Warhead defaults to only use upto 256MB of VRAM however using the sys_budget_videomem command line can fix this issue.

Last edited by werty316; September 24, 2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old September 24, 2008, 12:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Heh, just installed and I am having nothing but problems. Audio is very off and laggy/cracking up. The video and inputs are also slow sluggish and laggy. I even tried everything on the lowest settings and it did not fix it. Might be my Vista 64 bit?

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old September 24, 2008, 01:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

not bad, the PAX gun was awesome, and once I got that the aliens werent so annoying, but they werent as bad as in the original, but still not great, killing people is much more fun.

And this game was easier than the original for some reason, the train sequence was fun and a bit of a challenge (ofcourse it was made a lot easier by the fact that you could quite easily avoid most conflicts by just running beside it). It was also quite a bit shorter.
Old September 24, 2008, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Picked it up today, installing now.
I'll give my opinion tomorrow;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 25, 2008, 12:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
not bad, the PAX gun was awesome, and once I got that the aliens werent so annoying, but they werent as bad as in the original, but still not great, killing people is much more fun.

And this game was easier than the original for some reason, the train sequence was fun and a bit of a challenge (ofcourse it was made a lot easier by the fact that you could quite easily avoid most conflicts by just running beside it). It was also quite a bit shorter.
I found the game VERY fun to play, and had a great(abit short) stroy line and gameplay, even the alien fighting parts were alot a fun! I think it was the mixture of the few korean forces, mixed with the fact that when you did fight aganst the aliens it was with a squad of nano suit people made it feel more human alive and actiony then going at it alone with the aliens.

Great game, would recommend it to anyone! It's a bit short, but understandable being an expansion and well worth the money at 29.99. And to the guy who found the story flat, if you have not played crysis/paid attention to/understood the story in it, I can understand the why you would be lost since it kinda drops you in the middle of a story without teaching your the backstory(which is understandable, and I have no issues with since its an expansion, abit a standalone one)
Old September 25, 2008, 03:59 PM
MVP

I bought it yesterday and though I'm not really a gamer I quite enjoyed the part of it that I was able to play. My system handled the game flawlessly, it runs great! Unfortunately my reflexes aren't up to the game, or perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but I can't even seem to clear the beach of enemies on normal on the Ishmael level. So I have seen the start of that level a good 10 times by now, and not much else! LOL - I guess I sux a bit at games but I will eventually finish this just as I did FarCry back in that day.
Zilla