Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2008, 11:22 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Default The Witcher -- Enhanced Edition

Out today. I have been playing the 1.3 version of this for a month now. All the problems that marred the release have been fixed and the enhanced edition adds even more fixes and features. Better than oblivion in my opinion, fantastic rpg. At $29.99 this is a must play for anyone.

Get it now.
Old September 16, 2008, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was looking at it, might pick it up then!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Out today. I have been playing the 1.3 version of this for a month now. All the problems that marred the release have been fixed and the enhanced edition adds even more fixes and features. Better than oblivion in my opinion, fantastic rpg. At $29.99 this is a must play for anyone.

Get it now.
It was a good game, I don't know if its really a game I want to play more then once though... is there any reason to play the enhanced version since I've already played the original? What are the differences?
Old September 16, 2008, 01:33 PM
Rookie

"Work is being done on two levels. One concerns the removal of technical obstacles that hinder the player from properly using the game and thus gaining enjoyment from it. By that I mean level loading times, which will be reduced by 80%, the stability of the game on different configurations, as well as a whole array of smaller fixes that will increase interactivity and precision in combat. The other level consists of very important changes that are not usually found in patches. First and foremost, the English language version will be, for the most part, completely re-done. The amount of text in that version was reduced compared to other language versions and that was said to cause a significant decrease in immersion and atmosphere. Now the English version will be as polished and atmospheric as the other language versions. Speaking of language versions, most of them will be more or less improved. Significant changes will also be made in the German version, where we are planning to re-record the voices for many of the characters. The most important improvements concern those elements of the game that the players criticized the most. So for example, over 50 new supporting character models will be added, so that the player won't run into the same person too often. The inventory panel will be re-designed and improved, and some elements of the main game screen will be polished. However, one of the biggest changes that will greatly increase the player's immersion in the game world will be improvements concerning dialogue scenes. Both Geralt and the NPCs will get over 100 new animated gestures which will make their "body language" during a conversation much more natural. Additionally, the face animation and lip-sync system will be re-created, making the faces of the speakers now even more natural as well. Of course, I've mentioned only the most important changes, and that's still a lot." Official Site

There's a video on youtube explaining some things better
Old September 16, 2008, 02:40 PM

My System Specs

BTW it isn't out till the 24th in Canada. Yet everywhere claims the 16th in Canada. O well. I'll be able to download the patch on the 19th.
Old September 16, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Welcome to HWC electronique. I might have to check this one out.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!
Old September 17, 2008, 07:59 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Everyone should check this game out. Just finished it and loved it. Smashed Oblivion for me. Better combat, equal graphics and a far far better plot and storyline. The story is quite mature, lots of swearing and drinking and naked women.
Old September 17, 2008, 09:49 PM

My System Specs

How did you get it? It isn't even available in Canada.
Old September 17, 2008, 09:49 PM

My System Specs

Err I assume you mean just the regular version.
Old September 17, 2008, 09:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Witcher Enhanced Version available at Direct2Drive: Download PC Games and Arcade Games Now at D2D for $39.95.

The world is your oyster. Shuck away my friend, shuck away!