Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

craven, i have both the LG and Samsung on my PC. I love them both. The samsung has a faster start up time than the LG, but both preform the same, and look goood.
Old June 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
Rookie

can't beat a Syncmaster 226cw imho....
CPU Q6600@3.2 GHZ Video 2xEVGA8800GTS Memory 4x1GB Kingston HyperX Cooling Swiftech Apogee&MCW60 + 4xNoctua 800 + 16" floor fan with open case (temporary, I hope)... PSU PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W Storage 4xWD Caviar 500GB RAID 0+1 MoBo EVGA 780i
Old June 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I currently have an older viewsonic (i wish i bought 2) but if you can afford a viewsonic you won't be dissapointed but more times than not you can usually get 2 monitors from another brand such as lg or acer when compared to 1 viewsonic. If your interested i have the vx2025wm monitor.

Old June 2, 2008, 02:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
I currently have an older viewsonic (i wish i bought 2) but if you can afford a viewsonic you won't be dissapointed but more times than not you can usually get 2 monitors from another brand such as lg or acer when compared to 1 viewsonic. If your interested i have the vx2025wm monitor.

Well Im looking at the viewsonics as well, looks like I have to order one online, none of the computer stores in Saskatoon carries that brand.
Old June 3, 2008, 02:57 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by yycraven View Post
Well Im looking at the viewsonics as well, looks like I have to order one online, none of the computer stores in Saskatoon carries that brand.
Yup saskatoon... everytime I require a part or something... it cant be found in this city.. we have otv low tech... futureshop highly overpriced.. and top logix.. and a few niche stores... 85% of the time I usually end up ordering from online stores

Old June 3, 2008, 09:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitaldemon View Post
Yup saskatoon... everytime I require a part or something... it cant be found in this city.. we have otv low tech... futureshop highly overpriced.. and top logix.. and a few niche stores... 85% of the time I usually end up ordering from online stores

Yup I agree with you 100% there. I had to order my memory online since no one cared it, and if I wanted ordered through them cost a arm and a leg to get it.

Thinking of opening my own store.
Old June 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the Samsung 2253BW 22" and love it. Have had it for a couple months now and all of my games look great on it. I do wish it had more of an adjustable stand, but then again I got spoiled by my previous Dell monitor (best adjustable stand).

So that one little issue of the stand not having a height adjustment is about the only thing I can think of that is an issue. But otherwise I can't think of anything else that is wrong with it. Looks good when playing games and even when it is turned off.

Old June 4, 2008, 04:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yes samsung makes some good panels. Just make sure it is a 8bit p-mva or s-ips panel and not the inferior 6 bit tn style. You can usually tell by the price as the other 2 are normally at least $100+ more than one of the same size.

Old June 6, 2008, 10:09 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
yes samsung makes some good panels. Just make sure it is a 8bit p-mva or s-ips panel and not the inferior 6 bit tn style. You can usually tell by the price as the other 2 are normally at least $100+ more than one of the same size.
S-IPS panels will normally be at least twice the price for the same size (3x the price of a similar-sized TN isn't unusual). MVA/PVA is a little more reasonable (usually within $200 for the 24"ers) for this panel size. It's hard to justify $1000 on a 23" S-IPS monitor when you can get a really nice 24" MVA/PVA monitor for $600 that offers better features.
Old June 7, 2008, 04:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

well it all depends what you want color reproduction accuracy or speed. p-mva is a good balance of both.