Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25, 2015, 08:00 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Acer Predator XR341CK FreeSync Monitor Review Comment Thread

Acer's curved Predator XR341CK brings leading-edge innovation to AMD's FreeSync monitor range. At over $1000, it isn't inexpensive but the feature set and awesome color reproduction may make up for the price.

Read more here: Acer Predator XR341CK FreeSync Monitor Review
Old December 4, 2015, 07:13 AM
Trial Member

Good solid review, saw this monitor in persona at PDXLAN and I want one BAD!

However...

Quote:
Unfortunately balancing out these rather stunning good looks is the fact that the stand is a touch sub-par despite its design qualities. It only offers tilt and height adjustment with no landscape mode or swivel capabilities baked in.
This quote from the article makes no sense, who is going to put a curved monitor into landscape mode?
Old December 4, 2015, 09:32 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Indeed. Who does that? I didn't catch that. However, swivel would still be nice.
Old December 4, 2015, 10:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporX View Post
Good solid review, saw this monitor in persona at PDXLAN and I want one BAD!

However...

This quote from the article makes no sense, who is going to put a curved monitor into landscape mode?
It's the monitor already in landscape mode? Now three of these in portrait mode... that would be interesting... and hard on the neck!
Old December 4, 2015, 06:58 PM

My System Specs

A 34" 21:9 in portrait mode... LOL.
Old December 4, 2015, 09:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
A 34" 21:9 in portrait mode... LOL.
I laughed when I thought of it too but you and I both know someone out there with more expendable income than they should rightly have is scheming how to do it if they haven't already!
Old December 4, 2015, 11:57 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Actually...at the time of this review I did have THREE 21:9 monitors here.... and I sure as hell wanted to stick all three of them in portrait mode and make a huge 'bubble' monitor out of the three of them (just think of it curved up/down AND to the sides). Was disappointed to see that this one would not swivel. After all its a cool grand and such a feature is not that hard to implement.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr