Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2015, 06:32 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Acer XB270HU G-SYNC Monitor Review (Comment Thread)

Acer's Predator XB270HU aims to combine the best of many worlds; it has a 1440P IPS panel, 144Hz refresh rate and G-SYNC capabilities. Naturally, that all leads to a stratospheric price point.

Read more here: Acer Predator XB270HU G-SYNC Monitor Review
Old September 7, 2015, 07:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks pretty solid for the price. Now Acer needs to do all this in a 34" curved format!
Old September 7, 2015, 08:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice to see all the features finally coming together. I still think for the $ I would rather have a bit lower refresh rate (maybe 75hz?), but with better color accuracy...or a lower cost. That said the summary sounds bang on for this monitor and anyone wanting a dual purpose screen.

Page 2:
"Make sure to read out full G-SYNC overview HERE." Typo: out = our. Also, the hyperlink isn't working at the end of the sentence.
Old September 7, 2015, 11:37 PM

My System Specs

I've heard nothing but horror stories about this display. The display has been out just a handful of months yet Acer has already announced its successor, the 271hu.
Old September 8, 2015, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I can't recall when I purchased one, in May I believe, but it was returned. Dust behind the panel blacking out many pixels, and some genuine dead pixels as well. Not sure why the dust behind panels are such a common occurrence.

If the 271HU doesn't have better QC, it will end up worse than the 270. Frameless designs are notable for having significant backlight bleed and ips glow.

Old September 8, 2015, 06:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I've heard nothing but horror stories about this display. The display has been out just a handful of months yet Acer has already announced its successor, the 271hu.
I've only had Acer models via work, so while they probably weren't top of the line models, Acer's always had a feeling of 'cheap' to me. Used a few of their laptops and it was the same thing, they always felt cheap with crappy build quality or materials.

Maybe I've just never came across the 'right' acer products, but I can't shake the mental perception that they just pump out subpar products.
Old September 8, 2015, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It may be a fair perception to have. It's a shame because the monitor otherwise is spectacular.

Old September 8, 2015, 07:12 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I'm not a big fan of Acer as well, but at least its nice to see more products in the G-sync IPS market. Hopefully prices will start going down a bit with as competition in this segment ramps-up.