Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2014, 04:48 PM
Trial Member

Default SAMSUNG IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY THAT DOES NOT HONOUR THEIR WARRANTY

I am asking for help or experience from anyone that has dealt with getting samsung to honour their 36 months manufacturers warranty on their monitors.

I have purchased the LS24A850DW on 2012-10-06 at a Toronto neighborhood computer store with the understanding that the monitor will be under the samsung manufacturers warranty. This monitor has malfunctioned beyond a level which can be used (it is not a problem with my system nor the cables, the screen is dying with extreme discoloration or just dead on half the screen)

I have checked their Canadian website:
Warranty Information Samsung
Warranty Information | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

I am fully covered through their agreement and I have not violated any causes which would invalidate my warranty with them. After much struggle with their warranty department, my monitor was sent back without repairs. They claim that since the monitor was not purchased from an "authorized Samsung dealer" it cannot be covered by their warranty and they will not repair it. "Authorized Samsung Dealer" is basically any large branch computer store (bestbuy, etc).

I questioned where the legal claim for that cause is located to a samsung customer representative Marcos Ruiz, he could not find it in any legal documentation. He even sent an official copy of the original manual and warranty agreement papers scans to my email which came with the monitor and yet he could not find a legal cause to deny my warranty. The "Authorized Samsung Dealer" cause is only with samsung products such as televisions, camera, etc, but within the category of PC/PC peripherals such as my monitor, that cause is missing. With that said, samsung STILL would not repair my monitor and is forcing me to pressure my small neighborhood computer store to sign a corporate agreement with them in order to be considered a "Authorized Samsung Dealer" (this entails forcing small time businesses to meet sales quotas dictated by samsung which forces them to take losses if the quotas are not met).

HOW IS THIS LEGAL IN CANADA??? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old April 14, 2014, 06:26 PM
Top Prospect

Twitter. Seriously.
Old April 14, 2014, 07:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

WOW I feel your pain bud, I had problems with a few SSD drives and talking to the CS reps is just awful. They even started with we don't make SSD drives and even tried telling me NCIX is not a authorized retailer which they are.. all I can say is just keep pestering them till you get someone that has a bit of knowledge and is willing to help, that is what I did.

if I recall I spent 6 hours on the phone with them and seagate ( they insisted that seagate now owns the SSD division). I hope you get it worked out man..
Old April 15, 2014, 08:21 AM
MVP

My System Specs

As another said...Twitter might be a good area to pester ...nothing like a grumpy customer in a public forum ....cheers and gl man
Old April 15, 2014, 09:06 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah, Twitter, reddit mabey even red flag to try to create some buzz on the issue. Also I think you could file a consumer complaint

Filing a consumer complaint | Ontario.ca
Old April 15, 2014, 12:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Ya Samsung services in Canada really suck I have their SSD as my OS Boot drive but I'm afraid of it breaking since I know there is absolutely no service for SSD in Canada and yet there is in the USA. My uncle had a Galaxy S4 but his battery literally got burnt and the phone caught on fire and Samsung was like "It's not our fault" my uncle works as a network programmer (basically programs software for servers) so he knows how to maintain a phone. So he had to buy a new one with his own money (he has a Moto X now).

So ya sadly I only heard of their horrible service after I got my SSD, I should of went with another brand if I knew. I feel your pain my friend, so basically bitch a lot on Twitter and surely someone there will answer (also don't forget to post pics ;) )