Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2008, 10:11 AM
Allstar

Default 24" LCD Roundup

Most people like to get as much information as possible when it's time to purchase and new, relatively expensive item. Unless you have money to throw around, you typically don't want to overpay for something that underperforms. That's where roundups of a product category can be particularly useful; unfortunately, it's not always easy to get all of the products in one place in order to put together such a roundup. What started as a review of a couple new 24" LCDs eventually grew into what you see here: a comparison of five of the most recent 24" LCDs to hit the market... that we were able to acquire. Note the qualification at the end of that sentence; there are still plenty of 24" LCDs that we have not yet reviewed, but for now we'll take what we can get. Besides, trying to put together all of the information for this article took enough time as it is. http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=3302

More...
Old May 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Good article I also purchased the Dell 2407 when it went onsale and love it. If...when I upgrade it will certainly be to a new dell
Old May 2, 2008, 01:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yup good round up. The 2407 Rev A03 & A04 are certainly excellent monitors. I can't say the same for the 2407-HC. That one just never seemed to live up to the same standards IMHO. Ghosting issues galore, and not just on games, even on the desktop it was quite prevalent.

Here's an excellent in depth review of the 2408WFP using a NEC 2490WUXi (S-IPS) as a reference monitor. Seems the 2408 picks up right where the 2407 Rev. A04 left off

Dell 2408WFP

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 11, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I am looking for 24'' and Iam a bit confused. My LCD will be moslty for gaming as Tv and movie viewing are done elsewhere. So should I got for the gateway FHD2400 or the Dell 2408WFP, samsung 2493HM ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old July 2, 2008, 07:17 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
I am looking for 24'' and Iam a bit confused. My LCD will be moslty for gaming as Tv and movie viewing are done elsewhere. So should I got for the gateway FHD2400 or the Dell 2408WFP, samsung 2493HM ?
I just upgraded to a Samsung 2493hm to replace my old Samsung 245b (Had dead pixels) Been playing TF2 on it all day today and its great.
Old July 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilyeti View Post
I just upgraded to a Samsung 2493hm to replace my old Samsung 245b (Had dead pixels) Been playing TF2 on it all day today and its great.
I bought mine a little over a week ago and i love it. Futureshop had a sale on them so I picked one up. It's easily best monitor I've ever owned (granted i upgraded from a 17 inch CRT so anything was better then that). Zero dead pixels and excellent picture quality.
Old July 3, 2008, 12:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Good story, I really have to upgrade this 20 inch!