Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2008, 07:29 PM
Rookie

Default BenQ FP241VW

I have the baby brother of this monitor and love it the 19" version but I,m looking to step up to the 24" version.. What I,m wondering is has anyone seen this monitor in person and what was your impressions because I havent been able to see it but the price isnt bad . I can pick it up for less than $500 now and thats not bad for a 8 bit monitor.. I use this one for gamming and for photography work and love it.I don't want to go any bigger or higher in resolution as it works the video card to hard.

Also does anyone know of any new 24" monitors comming out in the next 3 months or so.. I do read alot but new hardware but maybe theirs something I,ve missed.
Attached Images

Old September 16, 2008, 10:21 AM
Rookie

Hey, I decided to bump this because I have the same question.
The sole reason to get this would be high resolutions for computer gaming and so that i can play consoles ( my xbox 360 premium that has component cables and maybe other consoles along the way)

Ill just be pissed if they release a new model and this price drops, or a better one is available at the same price.

Essentially im looking for a green light from the experts that i find to be on this forum hahaah
Old September 16, 2008, 12:59 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I have the 20 inch model myself and love it. I cant say from experience that it will be good but I can say that when I jump to 24 I will be going benq again.
Old September 16, 2008, 04:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

i have the 24" FP241VW and its awesome, i play COD4 on it and there is no ghosting or lag at all. you wont be disappointed at all if you decide on this monitor. :)

on a side note.. i've had a FP93GX since March 2006 and it blew up a little under 2 weeks ago, smoke rolled out of it and it flashed white screen and shut off, sent it out on the 8th and BenQ fixed it under warranty (3 year) without a receipt (lost it) and had it back to me Monday morning the 15th (yesterday). great service imo. :)

Old September 17, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thats a fine monitor! I really like BenQ myself and just bought the no frills cheaper 2400WD-the detail and coloration with the ATI cards is fantastic cw my VX2025wm. Viewing angles are not that bad either.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.