Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 08:17 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 8,539

My System Specs

Default Best Black Friday 46-50" LED 1080p TV to get?

I am on the market for a new television that is around 46-50" range, namely just want it to be LED and well 1080p. I don't care if it's a smart TV, as that'll drive the price up, plus it'll be connected to an xbmc htpc so that's covered as well.

The last TV I bought was 5 years ago, a Samsung 32" LCD 1080p TV that still works but had to part ways with it back in April as I was worried it wasn't going to make yet another move so I'm not very knowledgeable in what's out there now, especially with the sales on TVs this weekend..
Thanks for any advice or links you may have to provide towards specific items on sale.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 12:03 PM
Ravenor's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 169

My System Specs

Default

This one's not bad
Canada Computers | Home Theatre & TV | Toshiba 58L1350UC - 58" 1080p LED TV | 120Hz | 3 HDMI
__________________
How am I suppose to act randomly without some direction? Anyone? Bueller? - Deadpool
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 12:31 PM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 8,539

My System Specs

Default

Thanks, though not looking for something that big, thinking maybe:
46" Samsung Clear Motion Rate 120 1080p LED HDTV - $499.99 (Reg. $699.99)
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 12:39 PM
SugarJ's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 6,040

My System Specs

Default

I'm very happy with my Samsung TVs.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 12:53 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,404
Default

One of the best you can get for the price, particularly if you are playing games on it: Sony 47" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (KDL47W802A) : LED TVs - Future Shop
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 01:08 PM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 8,539

My System Specs

Default

I'm not playing games on it, mainly being used as a TV. Also have no interest in the premiums of smart tvs as I have an htpc system that'll be it's primary source.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,608

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Thanks, though not looking for something that big, thinking maybe:
46" Samsung Clear Motion Rate 120 1080p LED HDTV - $499.99 (Reg. $699.99)
Where is that at?
__________________
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, i5 3570K with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz, MSI Cyclone GTX 460, Seasonic S12II 500W, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 01:28 PM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 8,539

My System Specs

Default

Surprisingly all over the place, originally saw it at Target, though it seems quite a few other places have it, or the 60Hz version for around the same price. I believe the Source is also selling it for that price too.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 02:33 PM
IRQ Conflict's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drayton Valley, AB
Posts: 1,454

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
One of the best you can get for the price, particularly if you are playing games on it: Sony 47" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (KDL47W802A) : LED TVs - Future Shop
Wouldn't a 240Hz TV be better for passive 3D gaming?
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 28, 2013, 03:15 PM
rjbarker's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Courtenay, B.C
Posts: 5,794

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I am on the market for a new television that is around 46-50" range, namely just want it to be LED and well 1080p. I don't care if it's a smart TV, as that'll drive the price up, plus it'll be connected to an xbmc htpc so that's covered as well.

The last TV I bought was 5 years ago, a Samsung 32" LCD 1080p TV that still works but had to part ways with it back in April as I was worried it wasn't going to make yet another move so I'm not very knowledgeable in what's out there now, especially with the sales on TVs this weekend..
Thanks for any advice or links you may have to provide towards specific items on sale.
Go to Costco if there is one nearby....there prices always beat just about anything...personally we have 5 Flatscreens in our home ranging from 26" - 60".....the 60" Sharp I got at Costco for $1399 with a Blueray Player....tough for any Company to compete with a price like that on an Aquos ;)

....oh and if the TV is going in a room with lots of windows, DONT get a glossy screen....get a Matte Screen !! Glossy screens just plain suck in a bright windowed room.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Friday guilly Peripherals 0 November 11, 2013 03:03 AM
Psyko Black Friday! Slik Audio 0 November 22, 2011 10:47 AM