Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2013, 02:15 PM
MVP

It's not just about colour accuracy. It's about fidelity. With TN panels, you lose detail when multiple colours appear identically.

This used to be a problem for me when I developed web sites and other content on a display that supports a greater range of colours. Testing on a TN panel was a requirement, to ensure subtle, but important details, were visible to all users.
Old July 27, 2013, 02:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPechenG View Post
I forgot to mention,
I'm not a hardcore FPS player.
I much rather have really really deep blacks and a good colour range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon3d View Post
I own a Benq GW2750 and I like it. I play shogun 2, BFBC2 on this monitor.
BenQ GW2750HM 27IN Widescreen A-MVA LED Monitor 20M:1 4MS HDMI DVI VGA Black Speaker
If you want really deep blacks, the GW2750HM with an AMVA panel is a good suggestion. Of course, it's only 1920x1080, which many not fit your resolution requirements. Minimum brightness for IPS and TN come in around 0.12cd/mē at around 100cd/mē peak luminance. The AMVA panels are about half that, resulting in noticeably deeper blacks and almost triple the contrast. The RTC function on the BenQ AMVA panels works well, resulting in response times comparable to IPS panels.
Old July 27, 2013, 03:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
The new Dell 2713H monitors are great. Also correct me if I am wrong but those 120hz monitors are 1920 x 1080/1200 are they not? The Dell is 2560x1440. Plus like people said the colors are better.

But really what wins it for me is the warranty. There is not another single company for monitors that has as good of a warranty as Dell does. Zero dead pixel and cross shipping get my backing.
That's mainly the reason I'm likely to stick with them.
My country is only 7 million people and we're fortunate enough just to have Dell around although prices here almost twice more than you guys get in Newegg or Amazon.

Well I think that probably sums it all.
Not being a too competative FPS Gamer + much better colors and blacks + great warranty + 1400P = Dell