Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2013, 08:24 PM
Rookie

Default Monitor wake up from standby no longer working.

Recently, my monitor won't wake up from standby (the computer itself isn't in sleep mode). It just randomly started happening, checked my drivers, bios, GPU, different cable, nothing made it work. Finally today I just plugged in an older monitor I had, and it does wake up from standby.

Is there anything else I should look for, or is this monitor just slightly broken now? I can easily hit the power button on/off and the picture comes back. Any other ideas?
Old June 28, 2013, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

NM I really should read before I post lol!

Edit: What are you specs?
Old June 28, 2013, 09:36 PM
Rookie

Gigabyte ud5h, 3570k, Gskill ram, windows 7 64 bit, plain old HD. The monitor itself is I-INC IH282 (which I know isn't high quality, but I did buy it in 2008).

I've checked all the windows power settings involving wake up usb, pci-e, etc. Same with my bios settings, reverted to old drivers, new drivers. Thing is, it just started doing this out of nowhere, working one day and not the next. Unless a windows update was installed when I powered down, causing something else to change?
Old June 28, 2013, 10:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hmm, 5 year old cheap monitor. Yes, if other monitors are properly receiving a wake up signal and waking up and the bargain bin monitor is not I would say that old monitor is the culprit.
Old June 28, 2013, 10:15 PM
Rookie

Well, I guess I'll have to go that extra mile to hit the power button all the time now...until something else goes on it. For the price I got on this 27 inch monitor, it's done the job that's for sure.
Old June 28, 2013, 10:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Listen, I bought a high end Samsung monitor, 24" the damn thing let me down a year into it's existence. Cost $600.00+ when I bought it. Don't feel bad. It looks like you got yourself a really good deal!
Old June 28, 2013, 11:20 PM
Rookie

Ya, I really can't complain. The "newer" model which is LED now goes for 249.99, so on sale could probably get it closer to 200$ which wouldn't be bad again. I'm sure the picture quality is nowhere near the higher end monitors. That being said, when there's nothing around to compare to, it looks great.

Dah well, just glad I don't have to RMA my GPU or anything like that. I'll keep hitting the power button till it really dies. Thanks for the replies.