Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2013, 02:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default DELL U2713H Serious colour issues!

I just set up my new DELL U2713H and for 30 glorious seconds I was amazed. Then the colour problems started and are driving me crazy! Basically the monitor flips around it's colour hues from a bluish 'cool' tint, all the way to a warmer tint. It happens all the time and no matter what I'm doing. (Gaming, desktop, etc.) I didn't have any problems with my U2312HM's at all. So I switched from the D.Port to DVI, with the same results. So then I moved off sRGB on the monitor and tried standard AND a custom setting. All with the same results! Final step was to record it happening in FRAPS during a game, but the fraps video does NOT reflect the issue. This means it's happening at the monitor side, not from the PC.

Any thoughts? Or am I stuck calling DELL pissed off...?

Uploaded some iPhone clips of it happening to demonstrate the issue:

*EDIT* - Videos were flagged as duplicates of each other on youtube for some reason, so I removed them. Issue resolved now anyway. (Thanks AKG)

Last edited by Caldezar; May 7, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old May 7, 2013, 02:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think I can see it happening at 0:07 and 0:10, correct? Does it fluctuate between only two different hues or is there a wide range of fluctuation? Did you eliminate the possibility of a Windows color profile problem?
Old May 7, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Go to Display Settings ->Smart Video Enhance...and turn it OFF.

This should fix the problem. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 7, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Go to Display Settings ->Smart Video Enhance...and turn it OFF.

This should fix the problem. ;)
BOOM! You're my new hero! Fixed the issue. That has to be the WORST thing to flag as a default option on a monitor!

And now I'm loving life in 1440p! With that resolved, this is hands down, the best monitor I've ever used.