Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Laptop LCD to use as a monitor for my Folding Box?

Not sure where to ask this so I just asked here if this is the wrong place please move to proper place.
there was a build a while back in which someone had mounted the monitor onto the side cover of the case , I would like to do the same thing but I want to use my HP laptop screen instead. I do know that I would need some type of controller card to do this but I am not sure where a good place is to search for one.
My Idea is to mount the whole upper half of the laptop onto my Folding boxes case so I can just flip it up to see what is going on.
ANy suggestions would be appreciated :)
Old April 22, 2013, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Not sure where to ask this so I just asked here if this is the wrong place please move to proper place.
there was a build a while back in which someone had mounted the monitor onto the side cover of the case , I would like to do the same thing but I want to use my HP laptop screen instead. I do know that I would need some type of controller card to do this but I am not sure where a good place is to search for one.
My Idea is to mount the whole upper half of the laptop onto my Folding boxes case so I can just flip it up to see what is going on.
ANy suggestions would be appreciated :)
Laptop screens don't work for PC screens. They are much more complex in regards to wiring and circuit boards. better off just stripping down a 15" lcd screen and turning the side cover into the screen.
Old April 22, 2013, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hmm ok I just don't like to waste things I will just dig around and see if I have an old LCD laying around which I probably do somewhere.