F@H

My System Specs

Doesn't look like the sale is on anymore :(

Oh well, I would have just gone out to buy a Titan right afterwards anyway
Old April 13, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When I saw the sale... I was soooo close to buying it... so close... thankfully I didn't :P
Old April 17, 2013, 12:52 PM
Trial Member

Default U2713H noise free???

Hi everyone,
in some other review of this monitor I read that it seems not to be 100 % noise free, at least when displaying material with hard contrasts. Any experience with this issue? As far as a flatscreen monitor is concerned, I could not tolerate any noise at all - for me, this is a contradiction in terms and I am very sensible to noise.
In the same review many features of the U2713HM get better ratings than the corresponding U7213H ones so the "H" model seems to be far from being a quantum leap. Especially for the "slight uniformity discrepancies". I wonder if it is really worth the higher price.
I would appreciate any comments, thank you so much.
Elisabeth
Old April 17, 2013, 02:39 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

What do you mean by noise? If you mean does it hum or buzz....I can say that both the sample I had for review (which was badly used and looked like it had gone through a war) and the one I just purchased direct from Dell are both silent. Take that for whats its worth: a sample size of two. IF the moniot is buzzing....RMA it. They will send out a replacement and only then will you need to send the old one back. :)

What do you mean when you say the HM features get a higher rating than the H's? I have read some 'user' reviews on Dell's site that honestly I do have to wonder if A) they actually own the monitor and / or B) dont drool on themselves. Not saying the H is perfect, but the fact is both use the same AG coating, the same stand and very similar chassis. The HM uses real buttons instead of touchless. Other than that the H is superior in every way. HOWEVER, if you dont have reason to own a ultra wide color gamut monitor...then yes the H's price can be a deal breaker (as you should stick it in sRGB mode or uncorrected colors can look 'odd'). Honestly, I love this monitor. Its why I purchased one. If you are interested in this line you should wait for the next sale. The last sale...both the H and HM were the same price...making it a no-brainer.

YMMV but both are good kit and I would recomend either to most people looking for a good 27"

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr