Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   30" Yamakasi LEONIDAS 2560x1600!!! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/60438-30-yamakasi-leonidas-2560x1600.html)

JoeOnePack March 28, 2013 09:30 AM

30" Yamakasi LEONIDAS 2560x1600!!!
 
Woh woh woh!!! I didn't know they even made this... Just noticed this from seller 'green-sum' on Ebay.

This looks like a real winner. Anyone used or seen one of these in person? I'm dehydrated from drooling all day.

New Yamakasi Leonidas 30" LED 2560x1600 Wqxga LG IPS Panel DVI D Dual Monitor | eBay

jibz March 28, 2013 09:33 AM

I've heard from a few people who got these and really like it. Personally I'd keep the $200-$300 and stick with the 27in 1440.

JoeOnePack March 28, 2013 09:49 AM

I just noticed that you can get the Yamakasi Sparta, which uses the same screen for $519 shipped.

About $100 more than a 27"... Tempting...

Yamakasi 300 Sparta s IPS 30INCH 2560x1600 Built in Speaker Tempered Glass | eBay

Alpine March 28, 2013 10:14 AM

Why don,t you buy this for 648$ ...This will be my next screen when price will drop a little bit

LG 29EA93 21 9 Computer Monitors 2560x1080 DVI D AV DP Port HDMI USB IPS Panel 8806084100214 | eBay

JoeOnePack March 28, 2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 699367)
Why don,t you buy this for 648$ ...This will be my next screen when price will drop a little bit

LG 29EA93 21 9 Computer Monitors 2560x1080 DVI D AV DP Port HDMI USB IPS Panel 8806084100214 | eBay

Because it's only 1080. I'm tired of obsolete resolutions. I play BF3 on a 27" 1440 and when I switch to 1080, I am utterly unimpressed now. I've been spoiled unfortunately.

SKYMTL March 28, 2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 699367)
Why don,t you buy this for 648$ ...This will be my next screen when price will drop a little bit

LG 29EA93 21 9 Computer Monitors 2560x1080 DVI D AV DP Port HDMI USB IPS Panel 8806084100214 | eBay

That may be the worst resolution I've ever seen.

Good luck with games since you'll likely have to input custom resolution files for some.

Alpine March 28, 2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 699372)
That may be the worst resolution I've ever seen.

Good luck with games since you'll likely have to input custom resolution files for some.


I didn't think about this....

sswilson March 28, 2013 11:59 AM

Yeah.... I refuse to buy any 1080p panel larger than 22". I had a "discussion" with a FS associate WRT wanting a res higher than 1080p and explained to him that if I wanted 1080p I'd hook it up to my tv..... :)

Sagath March 29, 2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 699387)
Yeah.... I refuse to buy any 1080p panel larger than 22". I had a "discussion" with a FS associate WRT wanting a res higher than 1080p and explained to him that if I wanted 1080p I'd hook it up to my tv..... :)

Its amazing how many people I have to explain this to. Somehow people just assume 'bigger inches' means 'better quality' as well. Yet they know that 'retina display' means good? Sheep. :whistle:

Bond007 March 29, 2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 699367)
Why don,t you buy this for 648$ ...This will be my next screen when price will drop a little bit

LG 29EA93 21 9 Computer Monitors 2560x1080 DVI D AV DP Port HDMI USB IPS Panel 8806084100214 | eBay

I would avoid anything with a random resolution (stick with the standards)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 699387)
Yeah.... I refuse to buy any 1080p panel larger than 22". I had a "discussion" with a FS associate WRT wanting a res higher than 1080p and explained to him that if I wanted 1080p I'd hook it up to my tv..... :)

Agree, but I don't have any issue with 24" 1080p. Above that size the resolution should go up for gaming (IMO).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.