Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2012, 08:42 AM
Rookie

Default Projectors Would u use one..

If you had the space and funds would you go projector what type Led or LCD... is it affordable long term...

I had a projector that was alright for multiplayer console gaming and watching movies from the computer but could not really play games without glasses...

(sry for the lack of Question marks using old XP desktop that still runs)
Old December 3, 2012, 09:31 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Plasma for TV watching. Projector for movies.
Old December 3, 2012, 10:21 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidCree View Post
If you had the space and funds would you go projector what type Led or LCD... is it affordable long term...

I had a projector that was alright for multiplayer console gaming and watching movies from the computer but could not really play games without glasses...

(sry for the lack of Question marks using old XP desktop that still runs)
I have projectors, plasmas, LCD/LED large screens and touch screen monitors and in my experience unless you go with very high-end projectors they don't approach the quality of a good plasma. Plus, they are noisy, you have to replace the expensive bulbs and often have to realign and recalibrate them. The only good use I've found for the current generation of projectors is if you get three high-end 1080p ones mounted securely and properly aligned so that you have true seemless 3D surround at 5760x1080 resolution in as large a format as you want.

Old December 3, 2012, 11:12 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Hence why I am recommending two separate setups. Personally, I have my projector screen set up in such a way that it drops in front of my plasma. I ONLY use the projector for movies, which tends to save the bulb life.

I use a Sony VPL-HW50ES and Panasonic 55GT50. Both (IMO) are good price / performance products and when combined should cost well under $6K.
Old December 3, 2012, 11:39 AM
Rookie

Thx for replys was looking for people who had them as such. Last one I had was only used when I had Group of people over then sold it ;as is; when Dimming started to happen to a office in town.

Will remember the ,,true seemless 3D surround at 5760x1080 resolution in as large a format as you want.,, never knew that till now.