Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
Top Prospect

Default Want as little bezel as possible

So I'm doing a 3 monitor set up, my big thing is I want as little bezel as possible between the monitors. I'm looking at 22-24 inch monitors. Anyone have any suggestions as to some good monitors for gaming that will fit the bill for minimal bezel? I really just want to keep the price under about 250 per monitor.
Old November 20, 2012, 11:51 PM
Rookie

I have yet to find myself with a slim bezel monitor, hence i am not doing any tri monitor setup until i find one.

There is one possible solution, buts it gonna go over the budget, here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMBS_bfkFk
Old November 21, 2012, 12:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by summak View Post
I have yet to find myself with a slim bezel monitor, hence i am not doing any tri monitor setup until i find one.

There is one possible solution, buts it gonna go over the budget, here is a video

/Drool
Old November 21, 2012, 05:31 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well, this one is obviously out of your price range, plus it is 27", but it is the ultimate thin bezel:

NEW LG DM2792D-SN 27" 3D Full HD TV Monitor IPS 1.2mm Bezel HDMI+3D Glasses 2pcs | eBay

In terms of something that meets your criteria, there really hasn't been anything since Samsung discontinued their 3x and 6x setups unfortunately.

Old November 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by summak View Post

Yeah, that and a projector is what I use for my home theatre, but not what I would use for work and gaming lol

The other thing I've been thinking about is finding a good monitor that has everything in the chassis where I could remove the outer casing and just spray paint the metal inside matte black, that would, (at least for most monitors) give me only quarter inch or less border around the monitor. Of course the vesa mounting would have to be part of the monitor itself and not part of the plastic it resides in.

Last edited by tethlah; November 21, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old November 21, 2012, 09:22 AM
Top Prospect

Yeah, this looks to be a good buy: New AOC 23-inch IPS Monitor is Virtually Borderless & $189.99 Shipped - Legit Reviews
Old November 21, 2012, 09:33 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footman View Post
Looks great, but i see there is no vesa mounting, i guess i should include that in my must haves. I wonder if there is a way i could mount this
Old November 22, 2012, 07:34 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

FYI, that AOC should be available at some Canadian resellers by next week. The distributor ASI is carrying them so whoever deals with them will have it. Pricing should be around $220 Canadian, although some may sell for less.

Old November 23, 2012, 02:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footman View Post
Thin bezel, yes. Thin borders, not so much.

If you look at photos of actual screen images, as opposed to the Photoshopped advertising images, there's a good band of black around the edge inside the bezel. The screen image doesn't extend to the bezel. AOC is pulling a fast one with its product page.

If you look carefully at this photo, you can see the division (the photo is huge so I'll link it). The plastic case around the glass is only about 2mm, but the image doesn't cover the entire glass.

Anandtech recently ran a similar preview, and had users pointing out the discrepancy between the advertised screen coverage and the actual screen coverage.
Old November 23, 2012, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, hate to say it, but there is practically nothing for us multi-monitor junkies unless you want to spend a HUGE amount of money on a custom monitor setup that was made for large screen real-estate. I did not know Samsung discontinued their 3 or 6 setup thin bezel monitors... but they were like $400 each or something crazy without being IPS.