Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
Well, this one is obviously out of your price range, plus it is 27", but it is the ultimate thin bezel:

NEW LG DM2792D-SN 27" 3D Full HD TV Monitor IPS 1.2mm Bezel HDMI+3D Glasses 2pcs | eBay

In terms of something that meets your criteria, there really hasn't been anything since Samsung discontinued their 3x and 6x setups unfortunately.
Wait what is this? Is this true or is it a joke? When I go back to work, I'd so drop $2300 on 3x of these if they are a TRUE 1.2mm bezel + IPS... Still, it looks like an AOC cheating bullhorn move with bezel not being measured from the edge of the display to the outside of the casing.

Edit: they will have a 23" model from the looks of things, so if this is "real" bezel, I'd pick up 3x of the 23"

LG outs IPS7 Series monitors: 23 or 27-inch IPS, minimal bezel, MHL mobile link, 8-bit 1080P

Edit #2: They lied just like AOC

Buyers expose LG's IPS7 bezel marketing trick - FlatpanelsHD

Last edited by draemn; November 27, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old November 27, 2012, 04:43 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Bastards! I was wondering why they hadn't been pushing this product more. I hate liars like AOC and LG.

Old November 27, 2012, 11:08 AM
Top Prospect

At least LG is drastically smaller bezel than a normal monitor though. What I'd like to know is how many mm it is from the edge of the actual display to the outside of the casing
Old November 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

if handy with wood tools, make your own moniter schell by removing the plastic from screen and mount in plywood with bracing to support screens
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; November 27, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old November 28, 2012, 06:20 AM
Top Prospect

well, im going to be probably doing something like that, but I'm going to be mounting the monitors, so I probably wont be using anything on the outside. Besides, no matter what you do, you will still have a metal frame around the screen holding it all together.
Old November 28, 2012, 12:13 PM
Rookie

I followed this guide for a completely different reason. The bare monitor was not much smaller. There is still a fairly wide steel frame holding everything together.

Removing (Stripping) the Bezel from a Monitor - YouTube
Old November 28, 2012, 02:01 PM
Top Prospect

just keep in mind this only will work on monitors that have the vesa mounting built in and not in the housing if you are going to mount. All the monitors I'm finding right now you would have to build some sort of backing for this tutorial to work.
Old November 29, 2012, 12:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, I agree, even with the crappy LG marketing, the 10-11mm bezel is much much less than my current 17mm bezel. I am curious what AOC is from edge of image (screen) to the outside of the frame. If that is <11mm, I might buy them for surround just because the price is soooo affordable and I've wanted IPS forever. But probably won't buy :P
Old November 29, 2012, 01:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
Thin bezel, yes. Thin borders, not so much.
If you look carefully at this photo, you can see the division (the photo is huge so I'll link it). The plastic case around the glass is only about 2mm, but the image doesn't cover the entire glass.
Hmm, it looks like (based on proportioning the image) that the "traditional bezel (or area with no image) will be <10mm where the LG IPS7 is 10-11mm. I'm actually pretty excited if I can get IPS with 10mm borders for < $230 a pop. Will hopefully have a review or two out as I know NOTHING about the reputation of AOC and don't want to drop over $650 without some knowledge.

Edit: I'm reading something about no DVI connection!? WTF? 2012 and they have VGA instead of DVI? HDMI isn't a great solution as I need to buy a DVI to HDMI then :/ At least the 5ms response time has the potential for gaming (although we all know that response time can be "measured" in different ways to make the number look nicer).

Last edited by draemn; November 29, 2012 at 01:10 AM.