Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2012, 12:18 PM
Rookie

Default Response Time

Hey everyone! I recently ordered a Benq GW2250 VA panel mointor. I went with this monitor because I watched LinusTechTips do an unboxing of a monitor from the same series. He said that you should go with any panel except TN. So I read up on the panels and it turns out that VA panels have good color and they are relatively cheap, BUT they can have slow response time. I am wondering if I will see any ghosting on the monitor and if so, What is a "safe" response time to go with in the future? Thanks!
Old October 31, 2012, 12:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

No such thing as safe response time, as most manufacturers pretty much just lie.

Some monitors listed as a 2ms response time achieve that through RTC/response time compensation, and this can cause overdrive artifacts like reverse color ghosts that are obvious during normal image movement. So then you turn off the RTC/overdrive and they are super-blurry. Other monitors listed as 6 to 8ms may be faster in most color transitions.

The AMVA panel in this monitor should be sufficient except possibly for dark games where MVA/PVA is known to have issues. Right now the GW series from BenQ is pretty fast most of the time otherwise, so it should be pretty good.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old November 1, 2012, 03:14 PM
Rookie

I have the same monitor at my house, and its really a great transformation. The vivid colors will make up for the "ghosting" that people see in slow response time monitors. Just go for it, and enjoy the moment.

Tags
benq , monitor , panel , response , va panel