Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 4, 2012, 08:46 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Default Quick Question about Bleeding

Does your monitor have back-light bleeding?

I'm using the LG ips 226v-pn monitor at the moment and it seems to have bleeding on the sides, especially the bottom left corner. I was thinking of getting another monitor for a dual screen set-up. As far as which monitor I was looking to get, it's either: Dell U2410, U2412M, Asus PA248Q, or Samsung S24A650D, I must say that I do prefer a 1920x1200 (16:10) resolution. But when deciding which monitor to get, it seems that everyone who owns these monitor have some sort of bleeding on it. Is there any monitor that doesn't have bleeding problems?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 4, 2012, 09:05 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ack1otus View Post
Does your monitor have back-light bleeding?

I'm using the LG ips 226v-pn monitor at the moment and it seems to have bleeding on the sides, especially the bottom left corner. I was thinking of getting another monitor for a dual screen set-up. As far as which monitor I was looking to get, it's either: Dell U2410, U2412M, Asus PA248Q, or Samsung S24A650D, I must say that I do prefer a 1920x1200 (16:10) resolution. But when deciding which monitor to get, it seems that everyone who owns these monitor have some sort of bleeding on it. Is there any monitor that doesn't have bleeding problems?
all lcd monitors have backlight bleeding. Some are worse than others and some are better. It's the nature of the beast.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 4, 2012, 09:32 AM
Allstar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 700

My System Specs

Default

I have an old LG FLATRON W2242S,a lot of bleeding...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 5, 2012, 06:53 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Default

:( I guess it cannot be helped ... that's too bad
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 5, 2012, 07:09 PM
Entilza's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 104

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ack1otus View Post
Does your monitor have back-light bleeding?

I'm using the LG ips 226v-pn monitor at the moment and it seems to have bleeding on the sides, especially the bottom left corner. I was thinking of getting another monitor for a dual screen set-up. As far as which monitor I was looking to get, it's either: Dell U2410, U2412M, Asus PA248Q, or Samsung S24A650D, I must say that I do prefer a 1920x1200 (16:10) resolution. But when deciding which monitor to get, it seems that everyone who owns these monitor have some sort of bleeding on it. Is there any monitor that doesn't have bleeding problems?
I have the S24A850D, I find it great honestly... I don't notice any major bleeding, the colours are great, everything looked so much better. It's the 1920x1200 one but it's more expensive. 16:10 is the way to go. However it may be off with your LG 226 if you want the same side by side resolutions... not sure. Goodluck.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2012, 12:03 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entilza View Post
I have the S24A850D, I find it great honestly... I don't notice any major bleeding, the colours are great, everything looked so much better. It's the 1920x1200 one but it's more expensive. 16:10 is the way to go. However it may be off with your LG 226 if you want the same side by side resolutions... not sure. Goodluck.
Wow, PLS monitor. I'm jealous indeed haha. But yes, when I bought my monitor it was kind of in a hurry as I needed a replacement since my laptop monitor died and I couldn't do any work for school And it was on sale at NCIX. But now I'm looking for a good monitor with a 1920x1200 monitor and I don't think I want to spend too much for 27 inch monitor. I don't mind the mismatch resolution if I do put them together for dual screen.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 6, 2012, 03:56 PM
Entilza's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 104

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ack1otus View Post
Wow, PLS monitor. I'm jealous indeed haha. But yes, when I bought my monitor it was kind of in a hurry as I needed a replacement since my laptop monitor died and I couldn't do any work for school And it was on sale at NCIX. But now I'm looking for a good monitor with a 1920x1200 monitor and I don't think I want to spend too much for 27 inch monitor. I don't mind the mismatch resolution if I do put them together for dual screen.

lol, well I was so close to buying the LG 226, just I wanted to see some more monitors in person. So I visited Canada computers and they had the SA850 on display connected to a dedicated computer so I could try the desktop and some games. That's the only way to really test a monitor, those multi display screens spamming the same video loop over in a mismatch of resolutions just useless.

Anyway I was totally blown away by the screen image of the samsung one. I didn't even know about PLS at the time, I was looking for an IPS monitor then somehow ran into this one I was sold on the first glimpse and to this date very happy... Literally everthing I ran was so much nicer.. This was coming from an old SAMSUNG 22" 226BW I think which was pretty good for its time but what a difference.

That weekend they had an in store sale for $439 i thought it was a good deal for what it was, to this date that seems to be a good price still.

I am surprised 16:10 isn't pushed more it's so awesome.

Samsung has the SA650 version but it's a completely different panel than the SA850 and they never had a display at the time for comparison so with that I was not willing to risk the image quality not being the same so I went with the SA850.. The response time is faster as well on the 850.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
asus , bleeding , dell , monitor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QUICK question! TimidTeddy Air Cooling 2 June 22, 2012 09:07 PM
quick question KSiG CPU's and Motherboards 3 July 2, 2011 05:31 AM
A quick question LacrosseTown Troubleshooting 5 June 13, 2010 03:44 AM
Quick Question Shonoby Display Units 2 July 9, 2009 03:58 PM
Quick Question /b/ derrXIII Video Cards 2 August 12, 2008 02:55 PM