Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post
Dell.ca has it on sale for $529.99! Today only.

Use this coupon code for another $10 off HVZGZ?HQ93B5LM

I couldn't resist.
Saw that price, couldn't resist. I'm not a good person. Too bad I missed that coupon though, every little bit helps. A very good price for the monitor though.

Really looking forward to recieving mine, really wasn't planning on buying till next year, early christmas present for myself.
Old December 14, 2013, 07:44 AM
Trial Member

Sir,
Plz be informed that touch or not ? and which countries have permission to assemble or produce ( Line manufacture ) such this i.e this monitor made in .... ?

Thanx in advance.
Old December 14, 2013, 07:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Hi G mahrans. Its not touch enabled. As for country of origin...it varies. Usual suspects for Dell are China, Malaysia and Singapore.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 19, 2013, 11:18 AM
Top Prospect

Guys, I need help on setting up my Dell Ultra 2713. I can't seem to get the contrast settings set up right. I feel the blacks look very greyish and I'm balancing between using Catalyst colour/contrast/gamma settings, and the Monitors own contrast and brightness settings. It's all very confusing.

I'm using the DVI cable connection. Brightness on the monitor is set to 26 and contrast set to 70. Preset mode is set to sRGB. Busy playing Mass Effect 3, and in dark sequences, it just looks like a black mess. If I raise the brightness then the blacks become bright which makes things even worse.

Am I expecting too much? Or have I set the monitor up incorrectly? I need help.
Old December 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It should be fairly good out of the box... IIRC these are factory calibrated. (correct me if I'm wrong here)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old December 19, 2013, 01:21 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The only thing I lowered on my 2713HM was the brightness and a little on the contrast.
Old December 19, 2013, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

What about Catalyst settings? I don't know how best to set up my monitor.
Old December 19, 2013, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Leave them default.

Basically the only action you should need to take is adjust the brightness (and maybe slightly on the contrast) on the screen itself. Only reason for this is because you need more brightness the brighter your room is and the chances that it was calibrated in the same light as your room is nill...

Messing with software settings is for people with bad screens :P

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old December 19, 2013, 03:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its color calibrated at the factory. Usually all you need do is lower the brightness and slightly adjust the contrast to compensate for the reduced lumen levels. Only time you would need to go into AMD CC is to adjust gamma...which should be good out of the box.

If you need to do adjust the settings and dont have access to a colorimeter (at 1bill its a wise investment), I like LCD Monitor Test Images (LCD monitor test images) and Hex2Bit Monitor Calibration Wizard (Hex2Bit - Software by Mike Walters).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 20, 2013, 08:30 AM
Top Prospect

If I leave the Catalyst settings on default then the gamma is too high. Whites are too white - it literally is blinding. I have to reduce it down to 0.65. Default is 1.00.