Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2008, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default 24" - Question - Gaming FPS

Hi all,
well I'm at work now (onboard a ship on the Westcoast) and I brought my new build Rig with me. Here's the deal, at home I play FEAR / Crysis etc on my 19" Native resolution LCD 1280x1024. When I run the "built-in" FEAR Benchmark Program referred to as "Test these Settings" I get about 90-95 FPS Average with everything at Max, including 4x AF / 16x AA.
Onboard the ship here I have an older (4yrs approx.) LG 24" LCD TV which I'm able to plug my DVI connector into from my 8800 GTX.
1. I have one more option now for Resolution that I didn't have on my 19", but if I swtich to it, I don't like it as most of my Desktop icons are not even on the screen.
Question: So, I noticed I'm also able to select either 1280 x 1024 or even 1024 x 768, and it looks really good on the display, I guess the display is "stretched" to a certain degree to fill the screen?
Question: when I run the same FEAR Benchmark Test on this display at 1280 x 1024 my average FPS drops dramatically.....Average 58 FPS....is this normal?

I don't have access to another 19" LCD to compare at the moment.

Thanks in Advance.

Old April 20, 2008, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm no expert but the monitors response time sounds like it may be the culprit....just a thought.