Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22, 2012, 02:56 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default LED Monitor is Slightly Yellow

so i bought a samsung s23b300 a few months ago and thought that i'd buy another one for dual display. the new one i just bought today is slightly more yellower than my old one. does it take a few weeks for brand new leds to whiten out? or is something wrong...

fyi i used hdmi to hdmi for my old monitor and dvi to hdmi for new monitor and yes, i've tried a few cables already.

also, these monitors don't have tiltable hinges but my new one is at a slightly different angle from my old one so it looks a bit crooked right next to each other. since it's a fixed hinge, i guess it was just that i got a crappy panel. :(

thanks!

amd radeon hd7870 2gb gigabyte btw. using the hdmi and dvi outs.
Old August 22, 2012, 04:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Tried to colour correct them to match?
Old August 22, 2012, 01:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have never seen a monitor that does not tilt. this off their website "Unfortunately no tilt despite the website saying it has one. Otherwise excellent." which is stupid imo.
And what is Samsung Magic Angle? I am going to look into this further.

Viewing angle: The optimal viewing angle for a monitor is usually directly in front, about a quarter of the way down from the top of the screen. At this angle, you're viewing the colors and gamma as the manufacturer intended. Most monitors are not made to be viewed at any other angle. Depending on the panel type, picture quality at nonoptimal angles varies. Most monitors use TN panels, which get overly bright or overly dark in parts of the screen when viewed from nonoptimal angles, making for inaccurate color representation. The Samsung SyncMaster B2330HD uses a TN panel, and when it is viewed from the sides or bottom, we perceived the screen as darkening about 6 inches off from center, which is typical for a TN.

To help out with this somewhat, Samsung includes the Magic Angle feature in the B2330HD. The Magic Angle mode prevents the screen from darkening when viewed from certain angles. Magic Angle has four settings: Lean Back Mode 1, Lean Back Mode 2, Standing Mode, and Side Mode. Switching to each mode will improve screen brightness when viewing the monitor from that angle. For example, after switching to Lean Back Mode 2 and then sitting back in your chair to play a game, the screen doesn't darken nearly as much, and as a result, game details can still be seen, while you do irreparable damage to your spine, all in the name of "fun."

Last edited by rfglass; August 22, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old August 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Magic angle blows. I tried that and it just plain sucks. Sorry rfglass, not trying to discredit you, but I hate it. It ruins the contrast of the image and tries in some lame attempt to compensate for your sitting position, and it fails at all those things.

That being said, the answer to the OP's question is, no: the W-LED white color will not change appreciably over time. It takes years for the W-LED to darken or change color.

Your only recourse is to use the RGB controls in the monitor's OSD to try and get a match that way.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old February 5, 2013, 07:24 PM
Trial Member

I just bought this same monitor and mines tilts perfectly fine. This model just does not swivel at all, which is no big deal because the base has a small footprint and the whole thing is so light, manually swiveling is no problem.

Tags
display , led , yellow