Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3, 2012, 10:49 AM
Rookie

I did lol.... I forgot to mention that I put the game AND the computer on 1024x768. Shouldn't this Rez be low enough to keep it smooth? Maybe I should try a dvi to hdmi adapter and use a hdmi cable that has a high transfer rate? That's the only thing I can think of. The darn CRT moniter is an old Mitsubishi . It's really old and it is about a 32 inch screen. Its so smooth and perfect. Idk why VGA would mess anything up. Is dvi a digital signal? I know VGA is analog. So maybe there is a mix up when it turns dvi into VGA..... ? Idk I just want it smooth on my big LCD tv so I can hit people better..... It seems when I play quake live in the browser it stays smooth..... This is weird
Old July 3, 2012, 04:25 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The HDTV may not appreciate the analog signal and has to convert it to digital to understand it -- this is where people are suggesting the problem lies. DVI - digital video input. HDMI sends the same video signal, the difference lies in the shape of the connector and the recent implementation of audio via the HDMI cable.

It also doesn't help to run the LCD at a non-native resolution. Computer monitors generally have software that's better at handling non-native resolutions, but TVs are rarely as flexible -- it may be stumbling trying to properly display a 4:3 image. Figure out the native resolution of your TV, set the output to match.
Old July 3, 2012, 11:52 PM
Rookie

i changed ports using vga dvi and hdmi conections and wires. i changed refresh rates and resolutions and no matter what i did the old mitsubishi crt 30 inch monitor just kept it significantly smoother. the only thing that helped was turning Vsync on . that help a good amount but it created lag. at this point im convinced that theres somthing about old crt monitors with a RGB and then a grey wire and black wire input that just smooths the games out better. idk why.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET RID OF THE LAG WHEN THE GRAPHICS CARD HAS VSYNC ON I WILL BE VERY HAPPY FOR YOUR HELP....Thanks for all the input
Old July 4, 2012, 04:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Triple buffering.
Old July 5, 2012, 05:02 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnswy View Post
I did lol.... I forgot to mention that I put the game AND the computer on 1024x768.
No expert but doesn't it slow down moving out of its native 1080. I have slower system into a 40" Sharp without lag or choppiness using digital output.
Old July 5, 2012, 05:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herne View Post
No expert but doesn't it slow down moving out of its native 1080. I have slower system into a 40" Sharp without lag or choppiness using digital output.
Yes when you drop resolutions on your monitor the cpu works extra hard to keep up