Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old June 28, 2012, 05:40 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 26
Default

It's also a "multi" version which by itself is around $400. I wonder if there is a non-multi 120Hz version with more reasonable price.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old June 29, 2012, 12:32 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
Default

"multi" - multiple inputs result in significant lag. While you can overclock the monitor you cannot get 120HZ refresh rate to your monitor.
See 120HZ.net for details.

There are NO 120HZ ips 27" monitors for sale at the moment. The catleap 2B board with a single dual dvi input was the only monitor capable of doing this trick and was replace by newer pcb's that are cheaper to make that do not drive the ramdac out of spec.
Now if one of the manufacturers in Korea can realize that this "accident" is a selling feature maybe we can all buy 27" oled monitors with 2560x1440 resolutions at 120hz refresh rates.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old June 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
deinosaur's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 61

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
"multi" - multiple inputs result in significant lag. While you can overclock the monitor you cannot get 120HZ refresh rate to your monitor.
See 120HZ.net for details.

There are NO 120HZ ips 27" monitors for sale at the moment. The catleap 2B board with a single dual dvi input was the only monitor capable of doing this trick and was replace by newer pcb's that are cheaper to make that do not drive the ramdac out of spec.
Now if one of the manufacturers in Korea can realize that this "accident" is a selling feature maybe we can all buy 27" oled monitors with 2560x1440 resolutions at 120hz refresh rates.

how bad will this lag be if I am trying to game on it? having my actions take even 1 second to respond and I would return this instantly. Also, I got a 680 so i can push it to 124hz .... will this be a significant difference compare to 60hz? I don't care about the 3D ... all i want is a very nice quality image and gaming experience. I can still cancel this order since I did E check and its going to take another week to go through. let me know what you guys think .... I could always just get a 60hz perfect pixel cross over instead. I just thought the 124hz would be a nicer monitor.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old July 1, 2012, 07:23 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
Default

If you want fast feedback from people who have them 120hz.net or the ocn catleap thread are likely your 2 best chances of quick feedback. I'm waffling between trying to buy a 120hz catleap if and when someone can get them or just buying 3 60hz monitors from korea from off fleabay for the best price.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old July 1, 2012, 08:36 PM
deinosaur's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 61

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
If you want fast feedback from people who have them 120hz.net or the ocn catleap thread are likely your 2 best chances of quick feedback. I'm waffling between trying to buy a 120hz catleap if and when someone can get them or just buying 3 60hz monitors from korea from off fleabay for the best price.
all I can see is that there is problems getting them to 120hz considering the Nvidia drivers are causing all sorts of issues. These drivers are in Beta however, so people are sharing theories if 120hz support will be made available later on by Nvidia for 1440p 120hz monitors or not. I decided to just stop reading all the theories and personal opinion from paranoid people and will be sticking to my purchase. Picked up a 680 already anyways. expensive setup but I might regret cancelling the order if support for these screens becomes available in the near future.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old July 2, 2012, 10:12 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Here is a thorough discussion of the multi input "overclockable" catleap. 2B Catleap for sale on Ebay 500$ - Page 16
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old July 2, 2012, 02:05 PM
deinosaur's Avatar
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 61

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
Here is a thorough discussion of the multi input "overclockable" catleap. 2B Catleap for sale on Ebay 500$ - Page 16
yea. . thanks man. I am going to cancel. I don't like the multi one with speakers anyway. I'll just get a non 120hz one for now and then maybe a 120hz one later when the tech is better and people are sharing good reviews.

Thanks again, saved me 600 dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old July 2, 2012, 10:03 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
Default

The 60hz ones are still amazing monitors at a great price, they just aren't going to give you 100+ fps on a gaming computer.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CATLEAP-Q270-LED-2560X1440 $400 Justin Cider Display Units 232 June 8, 2013 01:40 AM
70 billion pixel panorama. gambel626 Off Topic 22 September 3, 2010 11:56 PM
Lg W2442PA Stuck red pixel cdn_Madrach Display Units 3 August 12, 2009 08:13 AM
New Cat's and Alternate Pixel center Dr_BenD_over O/S's, Drivers & General Software 6 June 18, 2009 07:07 PM
Dead Pixel Policy?? Prof. Dr. Silver Display Units 8 December 18, 2007 12:52 AM