Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2012, 01:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default LCD TV Repair.

Hey guys,

I have a 32lg30-ua tv, its a few years old now, and i have been reading about problems with the power supply ( not giving steady/enough 5v on startup).
I first started looking into this when the tv would have trouble turning on, and lately its just got worse, yesterday when it did startup the colors were off/shadowy.

Today I took the back panel off and got the info on the PSU, as well looked for burst caps, or scorch marks, everything looks clean. While at work today,
I fired off an email to LG Canada parts in order to purchase a new psu, cost is $19.38 awesome.....but 2-3 weeks delivery since it is not stocked. ***EDIT just looked up the P/N the rep quoted me..it was for a power cord...ffs back at square one.

My question now is, does anyone know any good tv parts places in canada, other than ebay? Ebay is charging $56+ for used psu's, and im not fond of that, but also dont want to wait 3 weeks. Lucky the tv is working now, but who knows for how long.
I may have to just bite the bullet and roll the dice on a ebay used deal.

Hope someone can help.

Mav
Old June 25, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

buy it 56$ is cheap

i got a 32" daytek sittin in my garage for the day i find a cheap psu
ones i found were gonna cost 200$ shipped lol

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old June 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
MVP

Yeah, TV's these days are designed to cost more to repair than to buy brand new, so if that part will work that seems like your best option. Can you not contact LG again and figure correct the mistake?
Old June 27, 2012, 02:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Yeah, TV's these days are designed to cost more to repair than to buy brand new, so if that part will work that seems like your best option. Can you not contact LG again and figure correct the mistake?
did that, and they will sell me only "non-functional" parts...so i went ahead and ordered the psu from ebay...hopefully that will fix my problem.