Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2012, 11:04 AM

So tempted to buy 3. Wish I had the desk space...

Does it have VESA mounting holes? I hate the stand.... That'd be a deal-breaker for me.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old March 22, 2012, 05:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I know the catleap has VESA mounting(I assume the others do too) behind that grey arch. Stand removal to get access to the VESA mount is a little PITA though.

Removing the stand guide Here: Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club

It involves taking all the screws off the back and poping it open to removing the stand.

After using it for a few days, the only negative thing I can say about the screen itself is that I don't like glossy, matte is preferred.
Old March 22, 2012, 11:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yamakasi Catleap Q270 (100hz guaranteed).

Might as well appeal here for people to either log into their OCnet account and vote or register if they don't already have an account for a chance to get some 100-120hz 2560x1440 S-IPS panels in production.
Old March 26, 2012, 05:44 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

I just ordered two of these monitors at $358 each shipped. Ill see how they are!
Old March 27, 2012, 12:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Prices are down Catleaps are now 350 instead of 400, shipping including, duties *avoided* and no $11 recycling fee. Would be a good time to buy. I just played 8 hour straight of dota 2 and 4 hours of SC2 along with some BF3 yesterday and I can tell you it's perfect for gaming with zero ghosting.
Old March 27, 2012, 06:55 AM
Trial Member

Nice jibz, I'm thinking of doing the same after I do my taxes today. how did you avoid the duty?
Old March 28, 2012, 10:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The newer Catleaps don't do upgraded refresh rates though, so keep that in mind. The 2B (February version) did up to 100hz with nVidia or 96hz with AMD cards, but now with the 2C (March) shipments that capability is lost. Some crazy people on [H]ardforum are looking at trying to Frankenstein the panel controllers from the older models into the newer displays.

The good of these monitors is low input lag and decent pixel response. The bad is that they are basically PC only and require a dual-link DVI cable to your video card. The other bad is if your unit is DOA it will be very involved and likely expensive to ship back a return.

I got the Achieva and it was listed as a gift of worth $50.00 so no duties FyI.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old March 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
Rookie

I just received my Catleap. I bought from "dcsamsungmall" and it was shipped by Fedex and arrived in 2 days (from Korea to Vancouver). I did pay duty on it but it was only $20 so not a big deal. I haven't seen any bad pixel so far which is great. I'm running it with a Radeon 4870 and it works fine. Probably will need to upgrade my card if I want to play games. Yes the stand is wobbly so I may go for a desk mount if it really bothers me.
Old April 1, 2012, 10:10 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Ordered a Crossover 27" from dcsamsungmall, should be here this week
Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930k | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | Nvidia 680GTX SLI | Win8 Pro 64 | EK Supremecy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | 2x EK - FC680 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Swiftech Malestorm Res | Case Labs M8 |
Old April 1, 2012, 09:29 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10e View Post
The newer Catleaps don't do upgraded refresh rates though, so keep that in mind. The 2B (February version) did up to 100hz with nVidia or 96hz with AMD cards, but now with the 2C (March) shipments that capability is lost. Some crazy people on [H]ardforum are looking at trying to Frankenstein the panel controllers from the older models into the newer displays.

The good of these monitors is low input lag and decent pixel response. The bad is that they are basically PC only and require a dual-link DVI cable to your video card. The other bad is if your unit is DOA it will be very involved and likely expensive to ship back a return.

I got the Achieva and it was listed as a gift of worth $50.00 so no duties FyI.
Whats you're opinions of the Achieva 10e? You seem to be quite the monitor connoisseur so maybe you can help give a more in depth review of these panels.