Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It's alive!

I finally got around to installing the new pcb red-cap sent me, it was not an easy task. I even had to call my girlfriend over to help when I got stuck, would have been quite frustrating if I had been alone.

I did manage to break one of the clips on the front bezel as I was putting everything back together, but it could have been much worse.

It is now back to perfect working condition, I'm hoping for 1 year instead of 1 week this time!

shimian1 by mrtophat1982, on Flickr

Changed the SamYoung caps to some Panasonics just for fun.
Old November 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Glad you got it back up and running! Hoping that you'll have more than 1 week out of it this time, and perhaps 10 years? (Writing that on a Samsung monitor that's been going since 2003 ;)
Old June 8, 2013, 12:40 AM
Rookie

Well, after 10 months of trying to get red-cap to deal with my dead screen, its safe to say Im out.
After 4 weeks my screen went black. red-cap agreed to replace the screen so I did not escilate to a paypal claim. Once the 45 days were up, it was 6 months or messaging him to fix or refund with him jerking me around. After about 6 months he agreed to repair it if I shipped it to him for $150 that he would refund if it was indeed DOA. I went for it as I thought paypal protection would prevent me from getting screwed but I was wrong(apparently paypal feels its fine to pay for a repair service but not preform the service) .
Before I sent the screen, I put clear tape on several parts of the bevel. He sent the screen back and voila, DOA still. Tape not removed or broken. No communication since April. $500 lost

red-cap is a liar and a con. I dont believe people still buy from this thief. I have posted a number of times and I have been contacted by half a dozen others who have had the same issue with him.

DO NOT BUY FROM RED-CAP