Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just ordered a catleap. I'll post my own little review when I get it and see how it compares to the Achieva in terms of backlight bleed and build quality.

Considering the reasonably positive reviews as well as the competition price ($999 Dell and $850 samsung) it seems like a great value.
Old March 14, 2012, 01:55 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

These would sell fast at NCIX for sure. And I don't know if you would care enough to bother, but I think you can get matte screen protectors for monitors.
Old March 14, 2012, 03:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I think I might have to buy one of these for myself, it should work nicely with my new HD6990.
Old March 17, 2012, 07:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Man,
Right when the urge to upgrade starts to fade, i see this thread and these panels and boom all the sudden I want three and a new GPU to drive them lol

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old March 19, 2012, 08:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Alright I got mine today, I haven't gotten to use it much but I set it up and had a look and I thought I'd go over my first impressions.

The bad:
I'll start off with build quality since the standards over there are a little different. The glossy finish and aesthetics look really nice a polished although it feels like a cheap plastics. The power, volume and brightness buttons are very poor quality and it takes wiggling to press them right and the protective film on the glossy sides is caught in a few seems.

The stand is a cheap plastic and obviously has no height adjustment, VESA mount is recommended.

The good:
The picture quality, color and overall display is great, I have minimal backlight bleed on the top and 3 dead pixels spread out in corners which are completely unnoticeable unless you turn the screen monotone and play "Where's Waldo". Picture motion while watching a blue-ray quality is very fluid.

Overall I'm very pleased from my first impression of the monitor, obviously being $300-600 cheaper than a dell u2711 my expectations weren't too high but for what it is - a 27 inch high resolution screen you get exactly what you think you're getting.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Ok so after an hour of use this morning the 3 dead pixels are gone, panel is now pixel perfect and the display is beautiful.

My backlight bleed is nowhere near as bad as the one reviewed on [H] but there is a very slight glow along the top bezel.

The build quality of the plastic bezel and stand is the weakest point about this monitor, but we all know if you're buying it then you're buying it for the panel and from what I can tell the panel is great.

I wouldn't call this a 'steal' in terms of value but I would call it a very reasonably priced great monitor.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I pulled the trigger and purchased a YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 SE from Red Cap last night, got it for $360 US, I cannot wait to add it to the new man cave.
Old March 21, 2012, 12:51 PM
Top Prospect

Man... I want to get a set of the Crossovers :|
Old March 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Did you need a new power cord, or did it have a multi plug. Since it is a C type plug.
Old March 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I can get one of these for 322CAD shipped, but wondering if I should or not