Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 4, 2012, 11:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well mine just went black a few minutes ago. Turned it off, waited a few seconds, powered back on and got an image for a few seconds then black. Turned back off, waited 5 minutes, when I turned it back on I got the screen to work for a few minutes then black again :(

Cables look good, I'm using a brand new dual-link cable I bought just for this monitor. Just sent a message to red-cap, looks like I might be opening a paypal dispute soon...This is very disappointing.
Old October 4, 2012, 12:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, that's disapointing. I wonder if the quality of these units overall is going downhill? If so, it looks like name brand manufacturers are stepping up to the plate with models that might be a bit more expensive, but come with the security blanket of a name brand.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 4, 2012, 01:16 PM
MVP

My System Specs

uggghhhhhhh.....so ******* nervous

like i said before, i heard of previous issues with the sept batch...i think im pretty well screwed, i think i bought mine right before juggs and alpine, or even in between, if you guys could tell me ur manufactured date that would hbe awesome..
Old October 4, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This isnt a bash towards anyone, so please dont take it as one guys.

I dont know about the batches, and if quality IS coming down, but I didnt buy from Redcap because of his mid-80's rating with only some low thousands of feedbacks. I also paid probably an extra 20 bucks over Redcap (7.5%)

When you're buying something that may be questionable, why would you add extra question in to the equation with a questionable feedback rating? A seller with 10's of thousands of sales, and a 99.7% feedback rating (Warehouse, etc) takes that out so you only have to worry about the product.

jmo tho, signature disclaimer applies ;)
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 4, 2012, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I wouldn't call red-caps feedback questionable, it is at 98.6%. And none of the negative feedback I've seen was about the monitors, and much of it seems to have been written by very unreasonable people. From everything I had read he seemed to be a very reliable seller, I'll be waiting to see how he handles my situation.
Old October 4, 2012, 02:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

im with juggs, on this, we all knew buying these monitors that there may be issues, and im not calling either of these guys on thier know how, but from MY EXPIRENCE THUS FAR, the monitor is perfect....cant find dead pixels no crashing or artifacts etc..also, i am pretty positive that these korean sellers arent purchasing from a bunch of different vendors, but are pretty much middle men, buying and shipping from pretty much the same supplier, with a tiny cut for themselves...but all in all, this is just my opinion of course....
Old October 4, 2012, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I figured my gamble would be on a few dead pixels, not on it failing with less than 50 hours use. It was working flawlessly up until a few hours ago. Now, no matter how long I wait between powering it on the screen is just black.

I should have waited until boxing day, probably going to be a good sale on the new 27" Dell IPS.
Old October 4, 2012, 04:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Tried another cable? Mine would go black if the cable isn't making good enough connection.... Note I'm not using these IPS panels. Just speaking from my own experience.
Old October 4, 2012, 04:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post
I figured my gamble would be on a few dead pixels, not on it failing with less than 50 hours use. It was working flawlessly up until a few hours ago. Now, no matter how long I wait between powering it on the screen is just black.

I should have waited until boxing day, probably going to be a good sale on the new 27" Dell IPS.
What brand did you get, I'm still planning to get a perfect pixel Qnix which is an even less unknown "brand"

Not sure what my 2nd choice would be

edit:and can't some of these guys selling them phone up someone at a university for example and pay them $10 to fix their broken english on their ebay pages
Old October 4, 2012, 04:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just tried another dual-link cable I have, same black screen. Also tried both dvi ports on my 680, same thing. All 3 of my 23" Dells work on both dvi ports.

The brand I purchased was the Achieva Shimian.