Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2012, 09:35 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Anyone tried Flux yet

has anyone tried the flux software? it makes the color of your computer display adjust to the time of day. warm at night....like sunlight during the day.
i just down downloaded it tonight and am trying it out. sure is easier on the eyes if you use your computer in the dark. i'm going to give it a few days and see how i like it....so far
F.lux: software to make your life better
Old March 3, 2012, 10:13 PM

My System Specs

Do not like it at all. I never saw the need to make my monitor displays colours improperly in the evening. I'd rather just lower the brightness if anything.
Old March 3, 2012, 10:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hate it, back when i used it it would go from warm to cool colors in an instant instead of slowly changing, which was annoying. It also destroys the contrast imo and it just discourages me from using my computer at night.
Old March 3, 2012, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

would be more interesting if there was a manual night mode, I suppose, rather then basing it off of a schedule..

But I could see the appeal for this.
Old March 3, 2012, 10:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use it on two machines, both are word/typing machines in the computer room. Tried it on my main but couldn't get over the nasty coloring for 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 4, 2012, 01:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Hate it, back when i used it it would go from warm to cool colors in an instant instead of slowly changing, which was annoying. It also destroys the contrast imo and it just discourages me from using my computer at night.
aside from the contrast issue supaflyx...was it on the slow change speed when it did that?
Old March 4, 2012, 05:02 AM
Allstar

I've used it before and I like it. There are settings where you can change the speed of how fast the colour changes. There is also a manual mode as well as the ability to how "warm" it gets. Maybe some people tried it before those options were implemented but I've used it over a year ago and it was fully customizable.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old March 19, 2012, 03:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I've used it before and I like it. There are settings where you can change the speed of how fast the colour changes. There is also a manual mode as well as the ability to how "warm" it gets. Maybe some people tried it before those options were implemented but I've used it over a year ago and it was fully customizable.
i've been using it for a couple of weeks now and i like it too.
Old March 19, 2012, 09:47 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Use it and like it. The change of colour tint is a little jarring when it goes into night mode but then I never much cared for colour fidelity as long everything looked good relative to each other; especially considering my main concern was eyestrain and my eyes have been happier since I started using it. I always recommend it to friends who use the computer a lot unless they constantly do photo editing or digital art.

Even then a couple of artist friends use it unless they're painting or colouring their linework for which they use the 1 hour turn off feature.
Old March 22, 2012, 08:19 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I use it on all my machines, home, work and laptop. I actually sleep by midnight when I use it instead of staying up until god knows when. I find it helps me get tired and relax.
12gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz
Intel X-25M 80gb Gen2
1x WD Caviar Green 1TB 64m cache
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
Seasonic X-660
Fractal Design R3 + 4x Noctua S12B 120mm