Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2012, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Default Screen randomly turns black.

It is not the PC, as you can see in the video i need to smack it pretty hard sometimes.
I have taken it apart and looks like all capacitors are good unless they are about to blow. I think it could be the back light any suggestion/ things I should try.
Dying Samsung 2493hm - YouTube

Thanks
Jeff
Old February 6, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Your video made me laugh sooo hard .
Does the monitor have any warranty left? If it doesn't then if I was in your situation, I'd probably open the screen up and see if i could see anything thats loose in it.
Old February 6, 2012, 03:50 PM
Rookie

I think it is about 5 or more years old, I did open it up and the main board seem to have rattling noise like plastic but could not determine where exactly the sound was coming from. But it does sound like it is coming from the vga or dvi connector but that would not cause this because it is plugged in through hdmi.
But it randomly turns of and need to smack it, most of the time not as hard as I had to there.
Old February 6, 2012, 03:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had the very same problem with my old sammy monitor, but i never tried to smack it haha
All i can say is sell it, i got $40 for my monitor that wasn't working.
Old February 6, 2012, 04:06 PM
Rookie

Well I was thinking about getting a new one anyway, but really dont have the money atm.