Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 3, 2012, 08:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Samsung PS51D8000 3D & Other Questions

Hello all, I have recently bought myself a PS51D8000 and I've got some questions for those of you that know about TV sets and the new tech they come with!

1. I've read of PN51D8000 This appears to be the same TV, is "PN" Just the Canadian/American version for the same TV?

2. 3D I have the glasses my TV game with the SSG-3100GB type but I don't have a battery so I have not been able to test them yet, Is there a feature on my TV to turn PC/PS3 Games & Blu-Ray films to 3D I imagine it is not as good as a film or game already made in 3D but is this a feature? (I haven't played around a lot yet)

Also related to 3D with the Glasses is there any graphical difference in upgrading to say Samsung's best 3D Glasses or will it be exactly the same, Is 3D on these TV's any good in the first place? Also can I use Nvidia 3D vision on this TV when I plug my PC into it to play games?

3. What speakers would you suggest I get, I have a pretty tight budget on speakers at the moment like maximum I can spend is $350AUD so $375CAD I was thinking the z906 from logitech as I have them for my PC and I like them but my friend thinks I shouldn't use PC speakers..

4. Also anything else you think I should know about a HD Plasma Smart TV like programs or apps anything really.

As always I will appreciate any helpful replies!