Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 24, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default Obsession with wide viewing angles

My phone, my tablet and my laptop are all very private personal devices which if I'm sitting on a bus or in an airport or any semi public place there is no way I should have to hide my screen. I want a extremely pretty screen on these devices that only I can see. Yet with all these devices trying to displace Blackberry as a business device and all the concerns over identify theft why are we focusing on tv type tech.

If I want to share what I'm seeing I will use a TV or a projector I will not use my phone or tablet.
Old December 24, 2011, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

really you think people are that interested in what your doing?
Old December 24, 2011, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

potentially yes. And why wouldn't they be. With everything that is done on mobile devices now from banking, shopping and documents there's a lot of potential data that can get released into the wild.

yes this is paranoia but I'd rather be safe than sorry. But really why even have the possibility of someone seeing your private data.
Old December 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Get one of those polarized layers that bank tellers put over their computer screens to block side-viewing.
Old December 24, 2011, 09:34 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Get one of those polarized layers that bank tellers put over their computer screens to block side-viewing.
Totally agree.

I try not to use anything wireless when doing personal things on the net. Personal network still pass, i trust wpa on that one, but i don't like the idea that someone could intercept my information when i'm typing on a phone. Maybe a little paranoļa is acceptable...