Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   3D 0r reg LED 70"? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/49262-3d-0r-reg-led-70-a.html)

Humpty D December 9, 2011 01:15 PM

3D 0r reg LED 70"?

Not sure if I want or need 3D or not? I don't need it really so it would kinda be a waste of the extra for something I don't really need over a reg LED TV.

What are some thoughts on the 3D's? I think it would be ok sometimes but all the time?

Humpty D December 12, 2011 10:20 PM

3d it is since its the way of the future. Thx for all your help, thoughts & suggestions.

The Quicken December 13, 2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpty D (Post 579334)
3d it is since its the way of the future. Thx for all your help, thoughts & suggestions.

lol.:haha:

Honestly, if you are buying anything bigger than 37" I would only be looking at Plasma.:bananafunky:

bissa December 13, 2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Quicken (Post 579365)
lol.:haha:

Honestly, if you are buying anything bigger than 37" I would only be looking at Plasma.:bananafunky:

isn't plasma ridiculously inefficient? I would say LED would be the best bet as it has a good clear image, and high efficiency as well as there being lots of options for 3D.

MARSTG December 13, 2011 05:29 AM

for 3D you need to wear the glasses all the time. You really want that?

Soullessone21 December 13, 2011 08:32 AM

Unless you have an unlimited budget and in that case should go pay for advice :P go with Plasma, sure it uses a little more power but costs less then a third of led and Samsung plasma's look amazing. we have a 50" Samsung Plasma (old gen 530 I think) and it looks amazing my kids both have 32" Sharp LED Aquos TV's and they do not look even close to as nice as my Samsung and they were all around the same price.

LED is way thinner and doesnt kill your back mounting it on a wall but Plasma is the only way to go till 3D is without glasses.

PS
if you play lots of games or watch tv for extended times never get 3D after about 30 min you will feel like you just drove across country in the back seat of a bus

Adzsask December 13, 2011 10:25 AM

anything over 46 inch screen buy plasma, 3D hurts my eyes and gives me a headache so I would grab a 120MHz LED myself. (40 inch 1080P LCD is doing me just fine, also was $356 with tax)

SKYMTL December 13, 2011 01:42 PM

HDTV implementations of stereo 3D = shit

Spending the money on a 70" TV = waste. The dot pitch will make it completely pointless.

Price of junk quality 70" = $4,000

Price of a GOOD(ish) 70" = $11,000

Estimated price of the new 4K 50" sets being introduced next year = $10,000

I say wait and go 4K.

bonanza2000 December 13, 2011 05:56 PM

What's the deal with 4K sets?

Humpty D December 13, 2011 09:29 PM

Plasma? Your joking right? Hope so.

3D is at the flick of a switch it doesn't run at all times. Use it when you want it.

I'm going LED of course. The sets they have out now are incredible & the prices are more than reasonable. I have a new found buddy that works at visions who's going to hook me up. Amazing what can happen when 2 guys have gone down the same path in life. He did the exact same thing I have & his buddy is now doing.

10k where do you see those going for that? I'm spending about $3500 prolly & that will get me an excellent non grainy 70" viewed from roughly 15ft. I'm not needing anything space age futuristic out in 4 yrs. it's just got to be decent enough to compliment the room.