Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2012, 07:37 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Both are excellent monitors for general purpose needs. Both provide razor sharp images, good color fidelity and good viewing angles. Honestly to pick one over the other on image quality / performance outside of gaming or movies would be splitting hairs. The PLS is a bit more gaming orientated the Dell more professional orientated. Both are good kit. So honestly it would come down to price. The Dell is 1 bill cheaper and for basically that much you can grab a decent color calibrator and end up with perfect colors...OR extra warranty (always a good thing and Dells pro line RMA dept are worth the cash). So for my money I would grab the Dell.

Only caveat is it will a) use more power and b) create more heat. If neither matter (or not enough) the Dell is honestly the one I would buy.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 24, 2012, 12:06 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Both are excellent monitors for general purpose needs. Both provide razor sharp images, good color fidelity and good viewing angles. Honestly to pick one over the other on image quality / performance outside of gaming or movies would be splitting hairs. The PLS is a bit more gaming orientated the Dell more professional orientated. Both are good kit. So honestly it would come down to price. The Dell is 1 bill cheaper and for basically that much you can grab a decent color calibrator and end up with perfect colors...OR extra warranty (always a good thing and Dells pro line RMA dept are worth the cash). So for my money I would grab the Dell.

Only caveat is it will a) use more power and b) create more heat. If neither matter (or not enough) the Dell is honestly the one I would buy.
Thank you AkG.

Have you also reviewed the SAMSUNG Series 9 S27B970D ?

Old June 29, 2012, 07:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSwhip View Post

Have you also reviewed the SAMSUNG Series 9 S27B970D ?

I want to buy it but I can't find any reviews on this monitor yet

Old June 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Sorry but at this time there is no plans - that I am aware of - to review this monitor. It could be that someone else here is going to, but I am not.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 5, 2012, 09:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I just got the 24" Samsung S24A850DW From CC for $439.99 in store sale absolutely the best monitor I've ever seen. Very happy with it, so clear, doesn't hurt eyes. Huge 1900x1200. Coming from a 22" This was a great upgrade. Colours are incredible... Gaming is great too. I almost got the 650 which was half the price but no matter what 16:10 is so much better. It also has a different screen as the 650 was 8ms this was 5ms.

They have the monitor on demo hooked up to an actual PC, they also have a few games on it as well at the mississauga store.

I can't believe there aren't more reviews about this monitor honestly... Actually I didn't even know about it because I was so focused on finding an IPS monitor, I almost got the cheapo LG231P but decided to keep looking around and found this and was sold the moment I played around on the desktop :)
Old January 16, 2014, 09:35 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Does this have a matte or glossy screen?

Answering my own question...

matte

Last edited by Dr_BenD_over; January 16, 2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old January 16, 2014, 10:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's matte, and I'm still using and loving this monitor. Though not sure if I'd recommend it over say a Dell or cheaper stuff out now