Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2012, 12:05 PM
Allstar

Might be interesting to see if all the problem panels were the same lot, or prior to or after a particular date.
Old February 21, 2012, 12:54 PM
Rookie

The thing is that Samsung deny that they made tons of bad monitors and they sell those even if i'm sure they know which batch went wrong.
Old February 21, 2012, 01:20 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Actually, pretty much every monitor manufacturer is like that. The HDTV space is even worse...
Old February 21, 2012, 01:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSinae View Post
This crappy monitor is the worst nightmare anybody can buy and people are praising it...

**** YOU ALL REVIEWERS THAT GAVE GOOD REVIEWS ON THIS SCREEN, I HATE YOUR GUTS... your sold to big corporations.
Thanks for joining. The problems you are having were not experienced by our reviewer so your anger is definitely misplaced. All any reviewer can do is relay their experience with the screen they received. You should be talking to Samsung. However, if you talk to Samsung in the same manner that you post here and on [H], I can see that you won't get far with them.

Did you ever go see this monitor in person before ordering it? If so, your retailer should take it back if it doesn't appear the same.

Oh, and for the record I deleted your first post on here where you accused the reviewer of being bought off, and his response to your insulting accusation.
Old February 21, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSinae View Post
snip

**** YOU ALL REVIEWERS THAT GAVE GOOD REVIEWS ON THIS SCREEN, I HATE YOUR GUTS... your sold to big corporations.

Ah yes you again. In order to make sure that this post is not deleted like the last time around I will tone down my response. I would also suggest you take a big calm breathe and stop acting like a drama lamma.
Good. Now that you have done that. I would like to say two things:
1) thank you for taking the time to read my review. I do appreciate it when readers respond.
2) {edit} You aint worth my time....so meh. {edit}

I would respond further and inquire to the exact problems you are having....but I honestly do not care. I don't want to help you.

I dont even get to keep the monitors I review and I sure as shite dont receive any money from the mfgers for doing a review. You got a bad monitor. Shit Happens. Try acting like an adult next time...you might find people more responsive to your plight.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; February 21, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old February 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
Rookie

Look all, i sent those 2 pictures of this crappy monitors to the seller directcanada.com, 5 employee of samsung + the director of customer support of samsung and they all told me this is normal and within specification.
2 day after i bought this crap, direct canada didn't want to refund and samsung didn't want to repair or give me an RMA number.. saying it's all normal.... I'M I BLIND!!!
Actually i'm starting to be blind with this crappy monitor since there is no black, my eyes are fu.... bleeding.
You all support this...?

By djsinae at 2012-02-22

By djsinae at 2012-02-22

Now i have to pay 15 percent restocking fee to pay so 75$ + shipping back of 50$ so

I lost 10 hours of my time + 125$ + deception + I sold my old monitor for 150$ that was 10x better than this samsung crap and now i'm stuck for 2-3 week without any monitor to work with and i'm a programmer at home..

here a pic of the black of my 7 year old 24" dell..

I know nobody here cares about my problems but at least you should care about how big corporations like Samsung threat their customers....
and that's what they do, they say it's within spec even if it's clearly not and afterward, we pay the price...

The problem is also that most people who will buy this monitor will do blindly and will live with this mega grey black for 5-10 years without even knowing it's the worst piece of garbage ever..

anybody who can live with this kind of black with their monitor shouldn't even comment on this forum and on my posts since they clearly lost any taste in life or they simply don't watch anything on their screen.

Last edited by DjSinae; February 22, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old February 22, 2012, 01:20 PM
Allstar

Sadly, black is still a problem for many LCD panels. It's one reason I resisted getting one for so long, and why I still use my CRT monitors for some things.

It took me a little tweaking but my Samsung 275T+ has pretty decent blacks - as dark or darker than the pictured Dell.
Old February 22, 2012, 03:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
It took me a little tweaking but my Samsung 275T+ has pretty decent blacks - as dark or darker than the pictured Dell.
The Samsung 275T is S-PVA too..

problem is samsung decided to stop producing their S-PVA panel and now what

They release a new tech that is worst than any technology ever made (tn/e-ips/p-ips/h-ips/s-ips/s-pva/mva/ etc.. in the most important factor of all... black quality.. while their last technology S-PVA had a least very very acceptable blacks and the best colors.

they sell it at the same premium price and yet they receive high scores in ratings??

Last edited by DjSinae; February 22, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old February 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The panel uniformity in those pics looks just fine for an LED.
Old February 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The panel uniformity in those pics looks just fine for an LED.
Panel uniformity of GREY.. anybody trying to watch movies or play games on a monitor with this kind of black have 80/100 chance of committing suicide after a week.

If you want to give high rating for mediocre black that it's your choice..

In my opinion black and colors should be the main focus of a review before anything else for anything that is not browsing the web and they should compare to the best monitor from Eizo before rating anything.

Of course input lag/response time/good ag coating/black crush/shadow detail should be more than acceptable on any monitor tho.

Giving a 9/10 on a monitor that has the worst black of current monitors and one of the worst quality control is ....

And these days most computer monitors doesn't even deserve much more than a 6/10 since their black level is not even in the acceptable range.

The reviewers are there to guide consumers but also to push companies to do better for the customers.

right now we have poor quality panel everywhere but tons of 8/10 rating when 3 to 5 years ago some of the screen that had 7/10 and was 10x better than the current monitors offering??

and yet we pay premium price for those shi... monitors. I paid 600$ my 2405WPF 7 years ago and it's still working nice.. I don't like the ag coating but still colors and blacks are still very nice.. yet in 2012, companies like samsung that are doing their own top of the line S-PVA panels are releasing monitors that have one of the worst black..

anyway you can all be against me i don't care... support samsung.. i don't care.

I'm out..

Last edited by DjSinae; February 22, 2012 at 07:31 PM.