Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19, 2011, 09:01 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppergomez View Post
Where did you buy it? Maybe the batch that seller has is a good one.
Is it a 24" or a 27"? The 24" has known backlight bleed issues...
Old December 19, 2011, 09:23 PM
Rookie

Mine was a 27", some of which have the same BB issues
Old December 20, 2011, 10:04 PM
Trial Member

Smile

I have had the S27A850D for almost one week. I am very pleased with my purchase from NCIX. My monitor does not have any of the problems mentioned at [H]ardOCP.
Old December 21, 2011, 07:08 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The 24" is almost guaranteed to have back-light bleed. Someone on [H]ardocp said that Amazon has de-listed the item due to many returns. Not surprised. The one I have is horrific. There is a large copper/gold "cloud" that emanates out from the bottom-right, and fairly bad edge bleed at the top. I'm actually going to call Samsung and have a chat with them sometime soon about it.

My first S27A850D had some back-light bleed and a dead blue sub-pixel, so I returned it using NCIX's dead pixel warranty, and the second unit I received from a new shipment had almost none and no dead pixels, so I'm happy with it, as it's 99% perfect.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old January 4, 2012, 02:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

my S27A850D is perfect also. [from Canada computers Dec. 01]
first time using a non tn panel and is just stunning.
Old January 5, 2012, 08:46 AM
Trial Member

Im looking at this monitor as a possible professional image editing monitor. My other option would be the u2711. I worry about the dell since the model is over 2 years old, it makes you wonder as to whether by now you are buying aged tech.) I wondered as to the Delta E average before and after calibration (im new to hardware canucks, but I'd like to have seen something like they have over at tft central with regards to color calibration.) I personally found the review a little general in this regard. Also-- how well did the rotate feature work. I'd like to be able to comfortably work in both portrait and landscape mode.
Thanks!
Old January 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just ordered the 7970 and one of these monitors from NCIX. I'll post a comment on performance once I've had a chance to game at full resolution. I'm a little apprehensive about getting a bum unit, but pretty excited as it's my first real upgrade in a couple of years (hmm- that just occurred to me). I've been waiting for ages (too long) for a single card solution that might be able to make 2560X1440 its bitch - now lets see if it does.
Old February 21, 2012, 10:59 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppergomez View Post
No excessive back light bleed detected by the review or any other owners of it in this thread? I bought one and really liked the picture quality and lack of aggressive Antiglare, but returned it due to really bad backlight bleed in the lower right, which proved distracting during dark scenes in movies and games. A shame really. To learn more about this issue, which other owners also notice, check out the very comprehensive thread about the 27A850D at hardocp.
This monitor was my nightmare..

Last edited by DjSinae; February 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old February 21, 2012, 11:07 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I have the 27" as well and have zero backlight bleed up to this point.

IMO, Samsung may be having quality control issues yet again where some panels are going out with issues while others are problem free.
Old February 21, 2012, 11:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I have the 27" as well and have zero backlight bleed up to this point.

IMO, Samsung may be having quality control issues yet again where some panels are going out with issues while others are problem free.
I bought mine before the review was out (a day or two) and have loved it since I got it. Absolutely no problems whatosever and have zero backlight bleed as well.