Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2011, 06:35 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default i want to tri monitor

i need some help and information about tri monitors. i have a 24" 1920x1080, 22" 1680x1050, and a 42" hd tv. i dont want to run eyefinity, i just want 3 seperate displays, like extend but twice. i read that i would need a active displayport for the 3rd monitor, was thinking of dvi to 24", hdmi to tv, and displayport to dvi to 22". would all of this work?

i havent got a displayport yet but i was looking at this one:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
will this displayport work or will i have to get one with a usb conection?

thanks in advance.
Old November 18, 2011, 06:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That one will work provided you have a card that supports eyefinity and has the full display port out connector. If it has mini display port you'd need to get the active mini display port to dvi adapter. I happen to have the older style with the usb connection if you're looking to buy from someone in canada and pay a bit less then that.
Old November 18, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd recommend buying off of Arinoth over some cheap chinese crap on ebay, just saying. I have an older style one with the USB port and it is solid. I think there are USBless active ones from Sapphire out now too that're pretty cheap.
Old November 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

i would love to save some money and get it from arinoth but i dont live in canada. would it be worth it to get one from sapphire?
its about double the price. ACTIVE MINI DISPLAY PORT (M) TO SINGLE-LINK DVI (F) CABLE SAPPHIRE | eBay