Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   Dell Support is hidding? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/48288-dell-support-hidding.html)

martin_metal_88 November 12, 2011 07:01 AM

Dell Support is hidding?

Hey guys.
I am having a issue with my Dell P2311H monitor, so I decided to send a little e-mail or support ticket to dell.
Unfortunatly, I found something ( or didn't found ) that woulc prevent people to search for a long time.

There is no more way to join dell via E-mail, chat or support ticket if you don't have a service tag. And most of the Dell merhcendise DON'T have a service tag ( srceen under 27'' don't. )

I am about to call them for my screen issue but if someone know a way to join them via e-mail it would be appreciated because I definatly have no time to waste on the phone soon.

Slik November 12, 2011 08:35 AM

I had a Dell 27 inch and it DID have a service tag#. Your best bet is to phone Dell Support. You can explain the problem better when you have someone on the phone. Dell may well replace your monitor with an upgrade. I had pixel problems with my Dell 27 inch and they replaced it with a 30 incher. That was some upgrade. What is the issue with that monitor?

JD November 12, 2011 09:52 AM

Likely because they only really support the UltraSharp series, their lower-end models are consumer goods and well let's face it, nobody cares about consumers. Businesses know you'll buy it, and they know you can't do anything about it if they don't provide adequate support, other than not buying again, but hey you already gave them money :haha:

Best of luck with their phone support! Hopefully they manage to help you.

martin_metal_88 November 12, 2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 567846)
I had a Dell 27 inch and it DID have a service tag#. Your best bet is to phone Dell Support. You can explain the problem better when you have someone on the phone. Dell may well replace your monitor with an upgrade. I had pixel problems with my Dell 27 inch and they replaced it with a 30 incher. That was some upgrade. What is the issue with that monitor?

In my first post I said only 27 and up have service tag ;)

The problem is that there is a milky spot on the right of the screen. On a white screen you can clearly see a blurr.

Slik November 12, 2011 11:22 AM

As long as that milky spot wasn't your fault,like cleaning it with something you shouldn't have,I'm betting a phone call will get it replaced without a problem. If they don't happen to have that model in stock,you are pretty much guaranteed an upgraded monitor. Say what you want about Dell support,but they back up the monitors like no one else. It sure can't hurt calling them.

martin_metal_88 November 12, 2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 567898)
As long as that milky spot wasn't your fault,like cleaning it with something you shouldn't have,I'm betting a phone call will get it replaced without a problem. If they don't happen to have that model in stock,you are pretty much guaranteed an upgraded monitor. Say what you want about Dell support,but they back up the monitors like no one else. It sure can't hurt calling them.

Just sad they don't sell free time so I can call them XD