Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2011, 08:28 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor Review Comment Thread

By offering a reasonably large, high quality 16:10 IPS panel at a price point which is infinitely more palatable than the U27 or U30 series, the U24s have always been considered a great value. The all new U2412M, hopes to continue this enviable tradition by offering exactly what first time professional consumers want, at a price which undercuts many other IPS-based offerings.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...or-review.html
Old October 19, 2011, 10:41 PM
Trial Member

Just a small note: the U2412M's resolution is 1920x1200 (not 1920x1280) :P (fourth paragraph, Page 1)

Other than that, I like the article. I'm shocked by the less than impressive viewing angles, though. Even for an e-IPS, I'd still expect good results!
Old October 19, 2011, 11:59 PM
Top Prospect

I bought this at the last Dell Days of Deals sale, and it arrived yesterday.

I can conservatively say that it's 10,000 times better than my previous Asus VE278Q (TN fail + LED monitor).
Old October 20, 2011, 12:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
However, to be perfectly candid, the previous square stand which graced the U2410 was just plain ugly.
I actually liked the look of the stand that came on my U2711, and poking around with google it looks like the U2410 was pretty similar.
Damn you dell! You are heading down a path I cannot follow! Stop making your new products ugly again! (ok, so I use a wall mounted arm atm, but I cannot do that forever and my other computers require a normal stand) (I am also a sucker for my Acer x223w's V shaped stand.)

Grrrrrrr. :frown:
Old October 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Dell still hasn't given me a legitimate reason to upgrade from my (now 6 years going and strong) 2405fpw. I think the U2410 is a great monitor no doubt, a good improvement over my 2405fpw but it isn't a day & night difference.
Old October 20, 2011, 08:21 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Best stand even in my opinion was the one on the Dell 1907FP. I still have that monitor for word processing and it is still great IMO.

As for this monitor's panel, eIPS is indeed a long shot from sIPS in terms of quality but you get what you pay for: much better than TN, great power consumption and minimal ghosting.

And for those of you wondering, I am still using Samsung's epic S-PVA Syncmaster 305T and have a second one as backup just in case it goes down.
Old October 20, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Looks pretty awesome for the price. Would like a pair of these
Old October 20, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Best stand even in my opinion was the one on the Dell 1907FP. I still have that monitor for word processing and it is still great IMO.
I have one of those at work and at home as my secondary monitors and yes the v stand on them is just great. That said I don't mind the big rectangle on the u2711 here at work, at least it is stable.

As for this U2412M it does look like a nice mix of high endish with lower endish prices. As much as I would like it for home I have a 22" and it barely fits on my lousy desk, so new desk then new monitor.

Old October 20, 2011, 12:48 PM
Top Prospect

Default U2412M

The U2412M is a great monitor, I helped alot ppl bought this monitors for around $300 each, and everyone who tried it all have only good things to say about them.

If anyone wish to get discount for this monitor feel free to contact me. I'll get you guys a good deal on it.

Old October 20, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Got mine recently a certainly enjoying it. Haven't noticed any of the issues mentioned in the article but while researching the monitor it did seem like some U2412M's were better than others. That and maybe the fact that I am coming from a TN panel.