Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2011, 08:15 AM
Top Prospect

Default Samsung S27A350H vs Asus VE276Q

Ive been looking at both of these monitors, im going to be running a dual montor set up so i am buying 2, but i am also an avid gamer, i am looking for a monitor that is good for watching movies playing pc and xbox 360 games and of course all other daily computers activities, searching the net, word documents etc.

I see a lot of people recommending the asus ve276q but i cant seem to find a good reason why, it all just seems like avid fans promoting their brand, can anyone shed some light as to which of these monitors would be better to buy 2 of? Price isnt an issue. (interns of which is more expensive, i dont want to spend 800 bucks on 1 monitor. So please just stick to these two. If you know of a monitor that is 27 inch, that outpreforms both of these that is below or near 400 then i would like to hear about it)
Old October 14, 2011, 01:01 PM
Rookie

I haven't gotten a chance to use either but I have used a few ASUS monitors and I did get a chance to use the P2770HD. Most of the time they use the same type of tech regardless so my experience should be pretty comparable.

Personally, I would have to choose the VE276Q. ASUS monitors are solid and I think this model looks better than the Samsung. You also get a DisplayPort, DVI-D, audio-out & headphone out vs. only an HDMI & D-sub on the Samsung.

Andy H.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:12 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best-Gaming-Monitor View Post
I haven't gotten a chance to use either but I have used a few ASUS monitors and I did get a chance to use the P2770HD. Most of the time they use the same type of tech regardless so my experience should be pretty comparable.

Personally, I would have to choose the VE276Q. ASUS monitors are solid and I think this model looks better than the Samsung. You also get a DisplayPort, DVI-D, audio-out & headphone out vs. only an HDMI & D-sub on the Samsung.

Andy H.

But is more automatically better? Sure i will get all those ports, but i use a home stero speaker set up, so i dont need the headphone audio out, and i plan on using the hdmi, so now its just purely about the preformance, which outpreforms which?
Old October 18, 2011, 06:14 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I don't have much to add other than to say I am currently looking at both of those AND Micro Center - Viewsonic VX2753MH-LED 27" Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor VX2753MH-LED which has a 1ms response time vs the 2ms of the others. Dunno how good they are as I am not yet on the monitor buying phase of my new build and haven't extensively looked at reviews.